The Student Room Group

Do ANY deities or supernatural beings exist?

whether its God, spirits, angels or whatever what is the possibility that there are spiritual beings existing and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDuo
whether its God, spirits, angels or whatever what is the possibility that there are spiritual beings existing and why?

Tricky... I hope stuff like werewolves and vampires exist, if they do they are well hidden.

As for any religious deities.. who knows
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Tricky... I hope stuff like werewolves and vampires exist, if they do they are well hidden.

As for any religious deities.. who knows

I agree, imo beings like fairies or werewolves are more likely to be found to be real than religious deities.
Probably werewolves, vampires, angels, fairies - probably don't interact much with humans or have a secret society.
Reply 4
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Probably werewolves, vampires, angels, fairies - probably don't interact much with humans or have a secret society.

I always felt that they must exist as there are cultures all over the world with similar creatures, surely they must have/are been real.
Reply 5
No...
Reply 6
Original post by curtisball
No...

thanks for sharing your opinion, why do you feel that way, may I ask?
Original post by TheDuo
I always felt that they must exist as there are cultures all over the world with similar creatures, surely they must have/are been real.

Totally agree. I think the highest positions in governments around the world probably know but don't wanna share. I'd love to be told on my 18th birthday that I was magical - probably never gonna happen.
Reply 8
Original post by TheDuo
thanks for sharing your opinion, why do you feel that way, may I ask?

There is not a shred of evidence which has made me think that something which is a deity or supernatural exists.
Reply 9
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Totally agree. I think the highest positions in governments around the world probably know but don't wanna share. I'd love to be told on my 18th birthday that I was magical - probably never gonna happen.

that's not as ridiculous as it sounds you know, a surprisingly large amount of people around the world believe themselves to be incarnated vampires, elves, aliens, dragons, angels etc.
Reply 10
There is not a shred of evidence which has made me think that something which is a deity or supernatural exists.

many people feel the same, do you think that 'evidence' has to be physical and proved only by science?
Reply 11
Original post by TheDuo

0 possibility

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheDuo
many people feel the same, do you think that 'evidence' has to be physical and proved only by science?

Certainly in these cases something physical would have to be observed for me to believe that these beings exists.
idk
Reply 14

why?
Reply 15
Certainly in these cases something physical would have to be observed for me to believe that these beings exists.

people believe in the big bang, aliens, etc exist, but rational people still believe they probably (almost certainly) exist.

Woah, that's exactly the same possibility of you being a genius.
Original post by TheDuo
people believe in the big bang, aliens, etc exist, but rational people still believe they probably (almost certainly) exist.

I believe in the big bang, there is enough evidence for me to believe this,

and in terms of aliens, the amount of planets in the universe, the probability a planet can support life, and then the probability that the planet can support life I would say it's almost certain.

But what evidence is there that there is anything supernatural?
incoming edgy atheists that will deny any form of evidence and then claim there is no evidence
Original post by StudyJosh
incoming edgy atheists that will deny any form of evidence and then claim there is no evidence

Provide me with the evidence

Quick Reply

Latest