The Student Room Group
Aimée123
Greek people in the audience at the Olympics are stupid.... Just because their athletes take drugs and are DQed, they prevent the start of other races!

:/
Aimée123
Greek people in the audience at the Olympics are stupid.... Just because their athletes take drugs and are DQed, they prevent the start of other races!

I don't see how the audience specifically is the cause of the athletes' actions.
Reply 3
NDGAARONDI
I don't see how the audience specifically is the cause of the athletes' actions.

No, the audience delayed the start of the the mens 200m, because they kept booing for 20minutes, just because the Greek athlete had been DQed from the final for a pos drugs tests.
Aimée123
No, the audience delayed the start of the the mens 200m, because they kept booing for 20minutes, just because the Greek athlete had been DQed from the final for a pos drugs tests.

He was not tested. It was like Rio Ferdinand's case. Next time, before making nasty comments try being more informed.
Reply 5
The crowd were an absolute disgrace, not impressed. A suprisingly good race by the Americans once they were allowed to get going. The bloke who got a false start shouldn't have been penalised, it was the crowds fault, not his. What a mess :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Sophdoph
The crowd were an absolute disgrace, not impressed. A suprisingly good race by the Americans once they were allowed to get going. The bloke who got a false start shouldn't have been penalised, it was the crowds fault, not his. What a mess :rolleyes:

Exactly!
Reply 7
wizard
He was not tested. It was like Rio Ferdinand's case. Next time, before making nasty comments try being more informed.

And I just looked at your location, no surprise there then! Biased opinion or what!
Yea it was a perfect race by them because the americans never use drugs. They only take their vitamins.. lol
Reply 9
wizard
Yea it was a perfect race by them because the americans never use drugs. They only take their vitamins.. lol

Sour grapes eh.
Reply 10
don't fight :frown:
Aimée123
And I just looked at your location, no surprise there then! Biased opinion or what!

OK if he was tested pos, I am stupid.

If you only knew how the media treated the athlete you would tell me who s biased. The only thing they didnt do was to shoot him dead..
Reply 12
wizard
OK if he was tested pos, I am stupid.

If you only knew how the media treated the athlete you would tell me who s biased. The only thing they didnt do was to shoot him dead..

Well regardless of whether it was fair or not to DQ him, that wasn't my point. My point was that it wasn't the fault of the other athletes that he was DQed, so to ruin the beginning of the race like that was childish and quite disgraceful behaviour.
Reply 13
but the same can be said about English fans at football matches, even when no one's disqualified. violence is much worse than booing imo...and, yes, i know they're very different sports, but the english just as disgraceful at sporting events at times.
Reply 14
Tinykates
but the same can be said about English fans at football matches, even when no one's disqualified. violence is much worse than booing imo...and, yes, i know they're very different sports, but the english just as disgraceful at sporting events at times.

I'm not denying that, this isn't the first time it's happened. It's just sad they couldn't be supportive of the other athletes.
Aimée123
Well regardless of whether it was fair or not to DQ him, that wasn't my point. My point was that it wasn't the fault of the other athletes that he was DQed, so to ruin the beginning of the race like that was childish and quite disgraceful behaviour.

It was not their fault, indeed, but you didn't know much about his disqualification story, so, I understand you.
Reply 16
Aimée123
I'm not denying that, this isn't the first time it's happened. It's just sad they couldn't be supportive of the other athletes.

agreed :smile:
Reply 17
wizard

No he wasn't tested. He missed 4 drugs tests (or 3? Not completely sure, but it was more than 1 according to the vast majority of the British media, and not just the tabloids). Rio missed 1, and was banned. The athletes voluntarily pulled out, which was good for them, and fair. There is no reason for the crowd to make such a scene and hinder the performance of the athletes who were in the final.
Reply 18
wizard
It was not their fault, indeed, but you didn't know much about his disqualification story, so, I understand you.

Ok, well I'm sorry about that, it was something said on the BBC which led be to believe he had failed the drugs test. Didn't mean for my post to come across as rude, I was just annoyed about the crowd. Sorry :smile:
Sophdoph
No he wasn't tested. He missed 4 drugs tests (or 3? Not completely sure, but it was more than 1 according to the vast majority of the British media, and not just the tabloids). Rio missed 1, and was banned. The athletes voluntarily pulled out, which was good for them, and fair. There is no reason for the crowd to make such a scene and hinder the performance of the athletes who were in the final.

You re right, it was not exactly the same but they were not tested. I admit that it is very suspicious but they are not guilty until there are some proofs.
One thing is for sure.. his trainer is the only one to blame for what happened. I can say that he is an idiot. :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending