The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 23rd June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kira Yagami
This Paper was certainly harder than last year even if it's by 1 mark...

Last years paper only had 2 hard questions...

The weird 3 triangle parts (where you could pick up some decent easy marks) and the paramtric indepent of t question where again you could pick up some decent marks...

This year, part A was very time consuming, the second vector part was a bit weird and had lots of room for error. Section B was hard in general and it made you apply quite a bit...

The comprehension was similar to last years I would say, it wasn't quite weird.

an A should 63 ish I would say... and I did all the past papers lol

That would be lovely, I found the comprehension so weird I couldn't do any of it apart from the 6 marker as it was just plugging numbers.
Original post by JamieHarris1998
That would be lovely, I found the comprehension so weird I couldn't do any of it apart from the 6 marker as it was just plugging numbers.

For the 6 marker how much of the table did you fill lol

The weird 3 triangle parts (where you could pick up some decent easy marks) and the paramtric indepent of t question where again you could pick up some decent marks...

This year, part A was very time consuming, the second vector part was a bit weird and had lots of room for error. Section B was hard in general and it made you apply quite a bit...

would you say at most 64 for an A? And 71 for an A*? I would love it if it was like that and thank you!!
Reply 83

i agree with this so much. ive done most of the past papers and this was by far the hardest c4 paper ive done. c3 and s2 papers were a blessing tbh so i guess we had it coming lol. when you say 63 do you mean 63/90 or 63/72? 63/90 would be amazing :biggrin::biggrin:
For the 6 marker how much of the table did you fill lol

Can't even remember, like half of it probably, maybe 3/4 for one of them
Reply 85
You didn t mention for qu 1 limits for x
Original post by chemari1
would you say at most 64 for an A? And 71 for an A*? I would love it if it was like that and thank you!!

Please check for yourself. Look at the past papers and check the grade boundaries... you get a really good idea.

an A cannot be over 65, I'm certain... unless they give you lots of easy method marks...
For the last question was there a 5 marker on just rcos?
Reply 88
Original post by JamieHarris1998

sameee g :smile: comprehension was so peak lol we cant be the only ones. havnt done a ****ing geometric progression in over a year how are they just gonna throw that **** in there no way we couldve predicted it
Original post by jcm420
i agree with this so much. ive done most of the past papers and this was by far the hardest c4 paper ive done. c3 and s2 papers were a blessing tbh so i guess we had it coming lol. when you say 63 do you mean 63/90 or 63/72? 63/90 would be amazing :biggrin::biggrin:

63/90 obviously lol
Original post by mobrien2404
For the volume of rev question I got 104/27 pi, what did I do wrong??

Same mistake as me.... I redid the question and put it down to a calculator error for me, or not dividing the 24y^2 by two when integrating maybe.
Reply 91
63/90 obviously lol

thats actually quite calm then you can drop 30ish marks and still get 80ums lol
Original post by jcm420
thats actually quite calm then you can drop 30ish marks and still get 80ums lol

But it's not surprising considering last year 64/90 was an A ...
63/90 obviously lol

How sure would you say you are?
How sure would you say you are?

I don't want to get anyones hopes up , from my experience...

If an A is more than 65/90 I would be suprised AF

As i said look at previous papers and check the boundaries...
How did people get k=2b for part 7ii ??
do you get method marks if you mess up and early stage but get the rest of the method correct (just with the wrong numbers)
eg if for the k=2b question
i integrated to 0.5p^1/2 instead of 2p^1/2 but did the rest of the method as it should have been correct (albeit with the wrong values for the ones that the 2 influenced) would i get 0 marks or method marks?
i had always assumed from the point you differ from the mark scheme, you dont get any more marks - hoping thats not the case?
(edited 6 years ago)
Alright, just wondering (rather lately) if for the OCR MEI C4 exam, having scribbled wrong working out at first-might have missed out afigure of a larger numbr- and then drawn a big cross over it, encircling it in a rectangle, then doing another working out and getting the right answer, will I get the marks or will they just not see it as they won't scroll furtherly on a computer when the question comes up?
Reply 98
Alright, just wondering (rather lately) if for the OCR MEI C4 exam, having scribbled wrong working out at first-might have missed out afigure of a larger numbr- and then drawn a big cross over it, encircling it in a rectangle, then doing another working out and getting the right answer, will I get the marks or will they just not see it as they won't scroll furtherly on a computer when the question comes up?

They will probably scroll. Don't worry
Original post by SGHD26716
They will probably scroll. Don't worry

I believe they would be able to see the working out lf the second working out and therefore scroll

Quick Reply

Latest