Other (1)
2.08%
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Which do you prefer and why?

I use iOS everyday, and I prefer the styling and layout of iOS over Android. I also love how iCloud is able to sync my work across all of my devices as well.

I'm interested to see the results for this... :holmes:
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol RIP, I voted apple but I meant to vote Android. I admit Iphones look much better and are much smoother, but I like android for its customizability. Plus DSploit and Wifikill are fun apps to play with.
maddiehigha
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Apple all the way!
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Which do you prefer and why?

I use iOS everyday, and I prefer the styling and layout of iOS over Android. I also love how iCloud is able to sync my work across all of my devices as well.

I'm interested to see the results for this... :holmes:
Apple, for the same reason.
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Apple, it just works. Android is messy and not as user-friendly, despite what they tell you. With Apple you're not relying on a company's hardware and a different company's software to work together, as is the case with most Android devices.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rarest)
Lol RIP, I voted apple but I meant to vote Android. I admit Iphones look much better and are much smoother, but I like android for its customizability. Plus DSploit and Wifikill are fun apps to play with.
Changed your vote

iPhones are more optimised, and the software as you said feels a lot smoother because of this. IMO I'd give up Android's customisability, for Apples reliability.
70sGuy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Android.
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I use both, and I really like them both

Both of them have different merits.
Rarest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Changed your vote

iPhones are more optimised, and the software as you said feels a lot smoother because of this. IMO I'd give up Android's customisability, for Apples reliability.
Yeah, there are times when I feel like I would rather have an Apple over an Android. But in the distant future there will be a time when we can have best of both worlds. Hopefully.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
Apple, it just works. Android is messy and not as user-friendly, despite what they tell you. With Apple you're not relying on a company's hardware and a different company's software to work together, as is the case with most Android devices.
I agree with that! Apple optimise the software based on their exact hardware, whereas for Android it's more of a set software for every device no matter the hardware inside it.

(Original post by Paracosm)
I use both, and I really like them both

Both of them have different merits.
Fair enough! What if you had to pick one?
Loopy91
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Android hands down.
More customisable, far better battery life (at least on my S7 Edge anyway). Able to access Microsoft Office which I found quite handy actually. Also iPhones break really easily whereas Androids generally don't
User interface depends on the actual phone, but on my Galaxy S7 Edge I think it's amazing! Yes, it's not as user friendly as an iPhone, and it does take a bit of getting used to when you first get the phone, but it's still reasonably easy to use.
The top end androids are on average about £50 cheaper than the latest iPhone, yet their internal specs are better. So you get more for your money
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree with that! Apple optimise the software based on their exact hardware, whereas for Android it's more of a set software for every device no matter the hardware inside it.

Fair enough! What if you had to pick one?
Apple

Though, I do love my S8. It's so pretty.
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Android
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loopy91)
Android hands down.
More customisable, far better battery life (at least on my S7 Edge anyway). Able to access Microsoft Office which I found quite handy actually. Also iPhones break really easily whereas Androids generally don't
User interface depends on the actual phone, but on my Galaxy S7 Edge I think it's amazing! Yes, it's not as user friendly as an iPhone, and it does take a bit of getting used to when you first get the phone, but it's still reasonably easy to use.
The top end androids are on average about £50 cheaper than the latest iPhone, yet their internal specs are better. So you get more for your money
I don't think I could see myself getting used to Android. Although it's more customisable, and I love customisability, I still feel iOS gets my vote because of the friendlier GUI. Alternatively, you could get the customisability and the friendlier GUI if you were to jailbreak.

(Original post by Paracosm)
Apple

Though, I do love my S8. It's so pretty.
Good choice

Tbf that is a nice looking phone :love:
username3006294
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Androiiiiiiiiiiid
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Android, Apple is for sheep

Posted from TSR Mobile
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
(Original post by em_lj)
Androiiiiiiiiiiid
Appppple

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Android, Apple is for sheep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Excuse me baad SMEGGGY.
Loopy91
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think I could see myself getting used to Android. Although it's more customisable, and I love customisability, I still feel iOS gets my vote because of the friendlier GUI. Alternatively, you could get the customisability and the friendlier GUI if you were to jailbreak.
Well, I had an iPhone 5 before my current phone, and I quite liked the ease of use actually. I don't think iPhones are bad, I just think they're not as good value for money as a top end android. The slightly lesser ease of use is merely a small, trivial compromise in comparison to all the other benefits you're getting. Yes you could jailbreak but you'd literally have to sell an organ and buy the moon to do that - why go through all that trouble when you can just get an Android?
Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is storage. More often than not, top end androids come with expandable storage, whereas iPhones which start at 32gb (my iPhone 5 was 16gb and that was a nightmare) don't, so that's a plus for me.

There are areas where iOS has the upper hand over Android though, for example they're not as prone to viruses/hacking as Android are due to the wall gardened nature of Apple's ecosystem, apps are generally marginally better quality (though the difference is negligible) and obviously the user interface etc. I can understand why people would buy iPhones over androids, but personally I think the benefits of having an android outweigh the disadvantages
squirrology
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Android!

Most Andriod phones tend to be MORE innovative and there's more variety, it is easier to download movies/music from other sources, theres split screen application multi-tasking whereas iPhone doesnt even have it still and lastly, the default applications are better, I'd rather use Chrome then Safari imo.

Would never go back to an iPhone as I love my S6 Edge, hoping to upgrade in a few months.
username3049746
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Windows phone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (436)
67.39%
No (211)
32.61%

Watched Threads