The Student Room Group

Innovation in legal market? Brexit??

Hi all,

I'm just going through some interview questions and one previous one I had was a major innovation in the current legal market. I'm so unsure of this, I was thinking Brexit, especially the effect on the commercial law, but it's not really an innovation per se?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Original post by Ralph105
Hi all,

I'm just going through some interview questions and one previous one I had was a major innovation in the current legal market. I'm so unsure of this, I was thinking Brexit, especially the effect on the commercial law, but it's not really an innovation per se?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brexit is an event and not an innovation.

Law firms expect you to understand the business and how it works in the wider world.

This definition gives you a better idea about innovation. Are you knowledgeable, do you have ideas and can you think commercially? Even better an you make it relevant to the firm you are applying for. Think about what makes them money.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/innovation.html
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Brexit is an event and not an innovation.

Law firms expect you to understand the business and how it works in the wider world.

This definition gives you a better idea about innovation. Are you knowledgeable, do you have ideas and can you think commercially? Even better an you make it relevant to the firm you are applying for. Think about what makes them money.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/innovation.html

I guess Brexit is more of a challenge to innovation.
I get what innovation is, I'm just stuck on what a major innovation would be in the current legal market. So far I have technology, since it could reduce overhead costs if everything can be done online. Would you say this is a major innovation though, in today's legal sphere?
I get what innovation is, I'm just stuck on what a major innovation would be in the current legal market. So far I have technology, since it could reduce overhead costs if everything can be done online. Would you say this is a major innovation though, in today's legal sphere?

It can be, but do your research because you are going to need a lot more to impress with an answer. Read the legal and business press,
Reply 4

Technology utilisation is an innovation across a number of industries, not just the legal profession, so also think about the wider impact to the firm's clients. Also, cloud computing is an enabler of overhead reductions but again, think wider than this. Happy to help offline as I'd rather not post what I see as a competitive edge on a public forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending