The Student Room Group

Applying to SAAS for the first time, do I upload my passport?

So I got a notification a while ago to upload my passport but now it is not coming up on my account.
I haven't uploaded it yet but It isn't asking me anymore, should I still upload it just incase ?
Original post by Mystery.
So I got a notification a while ago to upload my passport but now it is not coming up on my account.
I haven't uploaded it yet but It isn't asking me anymore, should I still upload it just incase ?

They require a copy of your passport (it doesnt say certified).

You say you have not given them a copy.

The sensible thing would be to give them what they ask i.e upload a copy. Nothing to lose.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
They require a copy of your passport (it doesnt say certified).

You say you have not given them a copy.

The sensible thing would be to give them what they ask i.e upload a copy. Nothing to lose.

Well that's the thing they aren't asking for it anymore, the notification has disappeared but I think I'll just upload it anyway.
Well that's the thing they aren't asking for it anymore, the notification has disappeared but I think I'll just upload it anyway.

They asked for it once and you didnt give it to them., so they dont have it.
They need to verify your identity.

It takes less than a minute to upload it.
Reply 4
They asked for it once and you didnt give it to them., so they dont have it.
They need to verify your identity.

It takes less than a minute to upload it.

No I don't have a problem with giving it ? I just didn't know if they still actually wanted it or not. No point giving it if they don't need it to confuse matters if it's not part of the process.
No I don't have a problem with giving it ? I just didn't know if they still actually wanted it or not. No point giving it if they don't need it to confuse matters if it's not part of the process.

Why not call them instead of wondering?
If it were me id have uploaded it ages ago and forgotten about it.
they use the passport to help establish your identity. how else do you think they are going to do that without it?
Reply 6
Why not call them instead of wondering?
If it were me id have uploaded it ages ago and forgotten about it.
they use the passport to help establish your identity. how else do you think they are going to do that without it?

I don't think you understood my question correctly but thanks for your advice.
I don't think you understood my question correctly but thanks for your advice.

I believe I did. Its less hassle and covers all bases if you simply upload it, then they have it if they need it. If they dont have you passport details at all then how are they going to verify your identity?
Reply 8
I believe I did. Its less hassle and covers all bases if you simply upload it, then they have it if they need it. If they dont have you passport details at all then how are they going to verify your identity?

Yeah I will don't worry.
I don't know, they might not have to UCAS didn't ask for any identity proof?
Yeah I will don't worry.
I don't know, they might not have to UCAS didn't ask for any identity proof?

UCAS arent giving you thousands of £ plus they tally in with the exam boards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending