The Student Room Group

Urgent dissertation help! 3 weeks left

I have 3 weeks to do a 12000 word dissertation to do with only about a quarter of one chapter having feedback. So basically I have to wing it. IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE AND GET A DECENT GRADE??
Reply 1
Original post by Misssal2014
I have 3 weeks to do a 12000 word dissertation to do with only about a quarter of one chapter having feedback. So basically I have to wing it. IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE AND GET A DECENT GRADE??

Hi, I did my 10,000 word undergrad disso in three weeks and I got a 1st in it from a top ten uni, my supervisor barely read it. I only had the structure/plan approved and I barely slept during the three weeks. Its was the only thing I did as well as eat, nap and shower, etc... So I think it's possible... Just take out all distractions and stresses now.Create a routine that you stick to religiously, temporarily remove anything that does not allow focus or facilitates distractions, e.g. I even had my clothing for the week and food prepared each week, so I didn't have to cook or think of what to wear for three weeks...I had my study spaces planned as well and made sure they were out of my house - designated areas of focus... Have friends that you bother for light relief in breaks and for pep talks... its not ideal or a recommended way to do it but it's deffo possible.
Original post by Misssal2014

Yes that's easy, 4000 words per week. So spend 1/2 days a week reading/writing notes, then the other 3-5 (depending on how many days you want to work) writing. You can easily write 1000 words in a day, last year I researched and wrote a whole 3500 word essay in one day and got a 65. So I would aim to work 6 days a week with 2 days being research and 4 days where the aim is to write 1000 words a day. End of 3 weeks = done.
Reply 3
Cheers guys! Thank you for the motivation, though I've just wasted another week doing nothing :frown:, I appreciate it! :smile:
My disso is due on the 8th of May. So far I've got my lit review out of the way and part of my intro done. I'm just stuck on how to proceed next. I did go to counselling for my anxiety and panic attacks but didn't fill out the EC form yet and now I don't think it will be approved on time. I do have an Academic support meeting and tutorial with my supervisor tomorrow. Simply do not feel like I'm moving anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending