The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 Grade Boundaries?

How did everyone find the paper? I think it was easier than I expected it to be, but I made a few mistakes (silly mistakes) and I feel that other people did too, so I think the grade boundaries will be around about the same as last year, if not lower by like a couple of marks.

Any predictions?

Edit:
Model Solutions can be found here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AN5pEmvq3pbh6qU&cid=B23282990ABD74BB&id=B23282990ABD74BB%2114951&parId=B23282990ABD74BB%21130&o=OneUp
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Similar to last year would be my guess... hard to predict what with all the hubbub about leaked papers/etc...
Well if it was leaked probably 76/75 for a C?

Edit:
Well for real I also found it was pretty easy but I made a mistake on the trapezium rule question which would have only cost me 1 mark, but I took 15 minutes to realise that and fix it... So I couldn't finish. Probably 67-70 / 75 A*
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I found it very easy.
It was slightly harder than last year's, and last year it was 70 for 90 UMS, so I reckon it will be 69 for 90 UMS in this year's paper
Reply 4
Original post by boriapple
Well if it was leaked probably 76/75 for a C?

Edit:
Well for real I also found it was pretty easy but I made a mistake on the trapezium rule question which would have only cost me 1 mark, but I took 15 minutes to realise that and fix it... So I couldn't finish. Probably 67-70 / 75 A*

What do you think it'll be for an A?
Reply 5
Original post by Callicious
Similar to last year would be my guess... hard to predict what with all the hubbub about leaked papers/etc...

Really? Last year's was way more straightforward...
Reply 6
Original post by d010534

Reply 7
Original post by exams292

I hope so...
Reply 8
Original post by d010534
I hope so...

I'd say if you got 64+, it's highly likely you'd get 80UMS
Original post by jamestg
Really? Last year's was way more straightforward...

Thing is that the paper this year was more calculator-checkable, if that makes sense: my graphical calculator could tell me the answers to most of the questions, except the derivations, and the vector question this year was easier than last years (seemingly)

Hard to word it, but it just seems to make sense that if the paper is easier to check, then the grade boundaries would be lower.

That being said, I'm still not confident: some of my answers didn't line up with the calculator, I got fractional values for the two values of OB, and the binomial table on my calculator conflicted with my value of a on that binomial question...

Let's hope the boundaries are low to compensate for my failure in C3 XD
Original post by d010534

Last year was 65 so it could feasibly be anywhere from 63-67 I'd imagine. I really can't see it being higher than 90% for an A.
Reply 11
I need 64 UMS to get an A, can someone please tell me how many marks this is?? thanks
Reply 12
Original post by exams292
I'd say if you got 64+, it's highly likely you'd get 80UMS

I think i got around about 66 but the unofficial marks scheme isn't complete so I'm not 100% sure... I know I messed up the implicit differentiation question and the
Volume of revolution question, so I'm certain I got 56 marks, but I don't know how many marks I lost apiece for those two questions. I hope I got like 4 marks for the first part of that implicit differentiation question and hopefully 2 for the last part, so that's 62 marks so far. For the volumes question, I got 95pi/8 + something which is different so I assume I'd lost 3 marks maybe so my total would be 66/75 I just hope that's enough for an A...
What will the grade boundaries be for C3? For an A*, can someone give me a range please.
Reply 14
Original post by channydon
What will the grade boundaries be for C3? For an A*, can someone give me a range please.

67 for 90 UMS in C3 and 69 for 90 UMS in C4.
I predict A* at 66/67 and A at 61/60

Bear in mind TSR does WAY better than rest of country
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
I predict A* at 66/67 and A at 61/60

Bear in mind TSR does WAY better than rest of country

I'm gonna agree with you. It was definitely harder than last years paper... What do you reckon for C3? Surely it has to be lower than this, hopefully around 64 for 90 uMS?
Reply 17
Original post by d010534
How did everyone find the paper? I think it was easier than I expected it to be, but I made a few mistakes (silly mistakes) and I feel that other people did too, so I think the grade boundaries will be around about the same as last year, if not lower by like a couple of marks.

Any predictions?

The papers have both been confirmed to have been leaked.

Check the edexcel and MathsandPhysicsTutor twitter. https://twitter.com/Edexcel/status/878233810537762820

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/edexcel-a-level-maths-paper-leak?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_thank_you
Original post by asinghj
I'm gonna agree with you. It was definitely harder than last years paper... What do you reckon for C3? Surely it has to be lower than this, hopefully around 64 for 90 uMS?

C3 was slightly easier maybe 68 for 90 ums
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
C3 was slightly easier maybe 68 for 90 ums

**** then!

Quick Reply

Latest