The Student Room Group

Should I Report a Drug Dealers Phone Number to the Police?

Hi just looking for some advice, my schizophrenic brother used my home landline to call what I presume was a drug dealer and ask him to buy some "whizz" and "blue weed". As he used the landline to call the guy I was able to check the last dialled number and take it down.

Do you think I should report this number to the police? Or should I just stay out of it? Or would the police even care?

Cheers.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi just looking for some advice, my schizophrenic brother used my home landline to call what I presume was a drug dealer and ask him to buy some "whizz" and "blue weed". As he used the landline to call the guy I was able to check the last dialled number and take it down.

Do you think I should report this number to the police? Or should I just stay out of it? Or would the police even care?

Cheers.

Be prepared to provide evidence though and your brother would probably get involved too since he was buying drugs...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Cheers.

You don't know who this man is or what he's capable of

you and your brother might be in for serious repercussions if you snitch on him

as the saying goes..., "snitches get stitches.."
Well....snitches get stitches..

you can be used as a stool pigeon/informant though. Get paid to spill details what they wanna pay you and send you where they wanna send you for "protection." It certainly would be honourable. Go for it, tell us what happens.

:crossedf:
Mind your business idiot
dont be that guy.......
Dont do this
Do it,
Reply 8
Stay out of it. None of your business, and they're likely not causing anyone any harm.

If you're worried about your brother, talk to him about it directly. It's your brother's issue, not the dealer's, and ultimately if your brother wants some whizz and blue cheese he can probably find it elsewhere even if you report this guy...
I'd just stay out of it. Not worth the risk. There is nothing to be gain. He is one drug dealer out of thousands.

I very much doubt the police would be interested. Lets be honest, it is fairly easy to buy drugs. If the average Joe can get hold of a number, I'm sure professional investigators would have no problem finding them. They must have loads of numbers. It just a question of whether the police have the resources or desire to do anything about it.

Busting someone through their phone is very resource intensive. They would need to interview you and your brother. It is probably a pay as you go phone anyway. Tracking the position of the phone and catching him that way is way too expensive. If they want to bust a low level dealer, it is much easier to just pick one up of a street corner.
Don't involve yourself where you don't need to be, everyone's just trying to survive. you won't be doing anyone any favors.
Do you get money?

If not - not worth it.
What a frigging saddo. Bet you snitched on people all throughout your school life. Dude has no honour and is the worse kind of person. Hope you face the repercussions of doing so. Then you'll receive a lesson in life that no college, uni can ever teach you.
(edited 5 years ago)
HAHAHAHAH thanks for that, made my day
My girlfriend mobil is getting offers of drugs from dealers should I report her number to the police she is doing this to pass on to her friends
Original post by Glad'he'ate'her
Dont do this

To quote the underworld... snitches are a dying breed.
If you feel that's right then do it. I highly doubt you'll be implicating your brother in any way so don't worry about that. I will say that I don't think the police will do anything with it anyway but oh well.
Think you'll find your the saddo, honor, I think he has plenty as he's looking to do the right thing and more people should follow suit. Why would he have any loyalty or honour to some scumbag! You sound like the guy who bullied everyone through school, if you even went to school as you dont sound the brightest to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending