hellodarkness
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've heard multiple things about people getting less student finance just because they had full time jobs over the summer holidays. Is this true? Will having a full time job for a period of 3 months mean that my student finance will be reduced in the future?

Cheers for any answers regarding this!
Northolt999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The students as well as the students parents income is assessed as part of the application for maintenance loan and there are certain limits what change the amount entitled however a summer job should not effect this majorly. Best bet is to contain Student Finance and ask them, they really helpful and will be able to assist further. I also believe the tuition fee loan are not effected by income.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hellodarkness)
I've heard multiple things about people getting less student finance just because they had full time jobs over the summer holidays. Is this true? Will having a full time job for a period of 3 months mean that my student finance will be reduced in the future?

Cheers for any answers regarding this!
If you re a dependant student just a summer job shouldn't do any harm
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hellodarkness)
Will having a full time job for a period of 3 months mean that my student finance will be reduced in the future?
Hello, Darkness.

There is no situation in which a few months of part time work will affect your student finance. A student's own income is only taken into account when it is unearned, the most common sources being things like rental income or investments.

Do not worry about your job, you're not going to lose finance over it!

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (159)
38.5%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.51%
Look for a job (15)
3.63%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.36%
Take a year out (69)
16.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.3%

Watched Threads