Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've heard multiple things about people getting less student finance just because they had full time jobs over the summer holidays. Is this true? Will having a full time job for a period of 3 months mean that my student finance will be reduced in the future?

Cheers for any answers regarding this!

ReputationRep:
    The students as well as the students parents income is assessed as part of the application for maintenance loan and there are certain limits what change the amount entitled however a summer job should not effect this majorly. Best bet is to contain Student Finance and ask them, they really helpful and will be able to assist further. I also believe the tuition fee loan are not effected by income.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by hellodarkness)
    I've heard multiple things about people getting less student finance just because they had full time jobs over the summer holidays. Is this true? Will having a full time job for a period of 3 months mean that my student finance will be reduced in the future?

Cheers for any answers regarding this!
    If you re a dependant student just a summer job shouldn't do any harm
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by hellodarkness)
    Will having a full time job for a period of 3 months mean that my student finance will be reduced in the future?
    Hello, Darkness.

There is no situation in which a few months of part time work will affect your student finance. A student's own income is only taken into account when it is unearned, the most common sources being things like rental income or investments.

Do not worry about your job, you're not going to lose finance over it!

Thanks

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.