Can I apply for a Full-Time job but quit in 2/3 months?

Watch
Archosaur
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to apply for a full-time job at a 'chained' coffee shop, but I am planning to start university in September, there aren't any temporary jobs being posted atm and all the other jobs require experience whereas this one they will provide training.

My question is do you think I could apply for a Full-Time Permanent job but quit in 2/3 months Image
lmao1007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
they will know youre about to go uni they wont hire you
silverfox44
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I mean they can't stop you from leaving, might not give you the best reference afterwards though but if you're going to uni it won't really matter. Loads of people only stick with a job for a few months

Posted from TSR Mobile
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You could but you would leave a negative impression on your employer who took the time to hire and train you, only for you to leave after 2 months. They may not help you if you apply for future jobs.
emma-prospela
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Archosaur)
I want to apply for a full-time job at a 'chained' coffee shop, but I am planning to start university in September, there aren't any temporary jobs being posted atm and all the other jobs require experience whereas this one they will provide training.

My question is do you think I could apply for a Full-Time Permanent job but quit in 2/3 months Image
Technically you could, but you might struggle finding a job back in that industry again? Remember HR Managers move jobs / companies / industries as well.
GUMI
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you just ask them if that is possible to leave after 2 months
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.51%
No one else does (81)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.89%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (87)
33.85%
We don't use a video platform (4)
1.56%
I don't have a camera (6)
2.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.33%

Watched Threads