Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

private schools vs state schools watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Grammar schools rule you all, its where clever people go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    or how my Politics teacher phrased it "the intellectual elite" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    There are more fights at state schools. Therefore, they are better.
    Yes and very violent ones too. One girl was bullied so much that she got pushed into the road when a car was coming.

ReputationRep:
    Good point. Education = adequate. Fights = phenomenal.

People used to kick the doors down in class and run in with baseball bats going "Where's so and so, i'm gonna beat the sh*t out of him".

Happy days :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeah)
    I like the way you think - though there were some complete retards at my grammar school - i frequently wondered how they got in. Luckily most had been filtered out by sixth form

ReputationRep:
    There's more sex in public schools, admittedly mostly between male teachers and boys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toyosi)
    I like the way you think - though there were some complete retards at my grammar school - i frequently wondered how they got in. Luckily most had been filtered out by sixth form
    lol. Trust me, i still have a few at my school. One girl didn't know who Ian Duncan Smith was:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    1st point, don't use text speak. If you are as intelligent as you say, you should be able to use correctly spelled words.

2nd point, private/independant schools do not neccissarily produce all the highest achieving people. Some private schools, such as the one my dad works at, are very happy if everyone taking exams got an E. One thing you do not get in private schools is the diversity of personalities. You say the state school was huge, they have to be, not everyone can afford to spend thousands a year to go to school. I have a friend who came away from our local comprihensive with an A in electronics and ICT and a B in maths and physics and is going to be doing a 5 year masters degree in software engineering. That doesn't quite fit your massive generalisation does it?
    gos soz, for spelling, i m always do mistakes during typing, i didnt check after i ve typed everything.soz.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    lol. Trust me, i still have a few at my school. One girl didn't know who Ian Duncan Smith was:rolleyes:
    My sister dosn't even know where Birmingham is yet she still managed 4 A's at a grammer school. She can't fix washers either I may not have 4 A's but I can do more practical stuff.

ReputationRep:
    dont u agree that in the end of the day the percentage of ppl who went to a stake skool getting high piad jobs is higher than those who went to state skool and these private ppl get such jobs because of more and better qualifications, which explain that they could be more intelligent than ppl who went to a state skool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    1st point, don't use text speak. If you are as intelligent as you say, you should be able to use correctly spelled words.

2nd point, private/independant schools do not neccissarily produce all the highest achieving people. Some private schools, such as the one my dad works at, are very happy if everyone taking exams got an E. One thing you do not get in private schools is the diversity of personalities. You say the state school was huge, they have to be, not everyone can afford to spend thousands a year to go to school. I have a friend who came away from our local comprihensive with an A in electronics and ICT and a B in maths and physics and is going to be doing a 5 year masters degree in software engineering. That doesn't quite fit your massive generalisation does it?
    spelled* = spelt
    neccissarily* = necessarily
    comprihensive* = comprehensive

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you're saying but I'll say this: old boy network.
    lol. was thinking exactly the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    yer probably u r rite,but althoug all ppl who went to private skools got high paid jobs, they r more educated than ppl who went to state skools.they get into prestigious universities, as cambridge and oxford and in the end of the day come out as highly educated ppl, who r far more intelligent than those ppl who went to state skool. and even if they will be transferred a state skool in the future, they would countinues to work hard, because they r well motivated and realize that the grades r important, whereas their classmates will be silly jerks, who r messing around and on who teacher spends half a lesson to calm down them. but there r still quite intelligent ppl in state skools, however there r not a lot of them as in independent skools. i fink that those inteligent ppl who go to state skool would achieve a lot more if they go to the independent skool.
    That is the biggest pile of *******s I have ever read.

Exams.... just how good you perform on the day ...... does not show how clever you are, just shows that you can try.....

EXAMS > good sixth form > good university

THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    dont u agree that in the end of the day the percentage of ppl who went to a stake skool getting high piad jobs is higher than those who went to state skool and these private ppl get such jobs because of more and better qualifications, which explain that they could be more intelligent than ppl who went to a state skool.
    I didn't understand all of that, but I'll accept private schools generally do give a better academic and pastoral education.

It's impossible to say if ex-private schoolers are better paid, we'd need statistics for that.

However to say private school students are more intelligent is ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst having a maths lesson, a boys head was put through the door window.

Thus I conclude that state schools are better (the boy wasnt injured - somehow)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

It's impossible to say if ex-private schoolers are better paid, we'd need statistics for that.
    Well duh, that's obvious, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    i m not saying that all of them r intelligent.i mean that more ppl from private skools r intelligent than ppl from state skools.however i m not ignoring the point that there r intelligent ppl in state skools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    i m not saying that all of them r intelligent.i mean that more ppl from private skools r intelligent than ppl from state skools.however i m not ignoring the point that there r intelligent ppl in state skools.
    Maybe better educated is the phrase you are looking for? Education = Intelligence. You can't be highly intelligent if you're education has been awful, as we see not knowing things like capitals of countries as unintelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    By your logic, only more well-off people have intelligent children.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.