The Student Room Group

Do you eat healthy and work out because...

Of aesthetics or health reasons?
Do yoy have more motivation to go to the gym to enhance your apparence or to be more healthy?

This is aimed at people who exercise and eat healthy obviously

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because I am obsessed with control.
Aesthetics. I try and stay healthy and I do sort of have a desire to clean up my diet and do more cardio, but in terms of training and how I'm eating it's all geared towards improving my physique.
Reply 3
Original post by willow10
Because I am obsessed with control.

Expand?
Reply 4
Original post by WoodyMKC
Aesthetics. I try and stay healthy and I do sort of have a desire to clean up my diet and do more cardio, but in terms of training and how I'm eating it's all geared towards improving my physique.

Yeah I think I am the same way too lol
Original post by loveleest
Yeah I think I am the same way too lol

You know what they say - it's not about how healthy you are, it's about how healthy you look :rofl:
Health reasons, i have asthma and want to look after myself as best as i can now in the hope i wont end up on more medications as i get older.
I doubt anyone weight trains for health reasons
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
You know what they say - it's not about how healthy you are, it's about how healthy you look :rofl:

Unfortunately yes, the whole world is shallow and only care about the way you look and not your health so I do try my best to stay in shape.

Some days I just want to shove huge amounts of fries down my throat but that ain't happening lol :frown:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I doubt anyone weight trains for health reasons

Yea I actually think too much weight training brings about health issues. A lot of big guys have heart problems and can't even jog up the stairs because they forgot their keys inside, without feeling winded.
Original post by 0to100
Yea I actually think too much weight training brings about health issues. A lot of big guys have heart problems and can't even jog up the stairs because they forgot their keys inside, without feeling winded.

Reminds me of my own deteriorating cardio lmao
I used to go to the gym. I played in a uni football league too.

I did it for social reasons. It was nice to get out and do things and playing football and the gym were a good way to do that.
(edited 6 years ago)
health reasons
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Reminds me of my own deteriorating cardio lmao

lol well I wouldn't advise trying anything in this heat anyway though. I think the best time to work towards the body you want is sep-march.
Original post by claireestelle
Health reasons, i have asthma and want to look after myself as best as i can now in the hope i wont end up on more medications as i get older.

ah that's cool. One of my little siblings has asthma and can barely do physical activity. She went on a class trip recently to a park to do a little school Olympics and it was hot out and she told me she had to sit and watch :sad: And it bothers me for her cos when I was her age I was known for being very active.
Both.

Leaning a bit more towards health, though.
Original post by 0to100
ah that's cool. One of my little siblings has asthma and can barely do physical activity. She went on a class trip recently to a park to do a little school Olympics and it was hot out and she told me she had to sit and watch :sad: And it bothers me for her cos when I was her age I was known for being very active.

that must be difficult for her, sport used to be difficult for me but now i cope much better with an inhaler that works for me, it can be a lot of patience to find the medicines but it can be possible so hopefully your sibling might cope better as she gets older.
Original post by loveleest
Of aesthetics or health reasons?
Do yoy have more motivation to go to the gym to enhance your apparence or to be more healthy?

This is aimed at people who exercise and eat healthy obviously

To get the fit guys. :lol: Jokes. I guess I do it because I want to be healthy and feel good about myself. I used to be super unhealthy as a kid and in a way I feel I have to make up for it somehow.
Reply 18
Original post by 0to100

I have also realised a lot of big guys eat bad foods in order to bulk up
Original post by claireestelle
that must be difficult for her, sport used to be difficult for me but now i cope much better with an inhaler that works for me, it can be a lot of patience to find the medicines but it can be possible so hopefully your sibling might cope better as she gets older.

Yes her inhaler, I had a wee panic attack when she went on her trip because I was asleep when she left for it, and then I jumped outta bed and tried to catch her down the road just to tell her to put her inhaler in her pocket, not in her backpack. Turns out she didn't put it in her pocket :colonhash: but had the sense to sit and rest and cool off with water. So this summer I wanna take her out more to the park. My mum is very overweight and doesn't and my little brother is fit but doesn't like our sister around him :s-smilie: lol

Quick Reply

Latest