x Turn on thread page Beta

Sick of reading about straight A candidates? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ehhh!

Lalala

ReputationRep:
    haha im just very jealous of em x

ReputationRep:
    I like to hear people who did well in their A-levels.

Well done to anyone who passed them.

ReputationRep:
    To those who moan about straight A students "boasting" their grades- I think you need a wake up call and actually realise that while you may think those people are "geeks", they will be the ones to shape our world and most of them deserve what they've acheived.

ReputationRep:
    Well... I'm glad for them... but actually I'm a bit jelous... I got AABB in AS (Maths, Business, Physics, Art) and A in A-level Spanish. Anyhow I'm applying at 5 universities which ask for AAA and one for AAB (Bath) Let's see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    i think most of you have missed the point of the thread :s

ReputationRep:
    i got UUE last year and UUX this year but when i hear about ppl get strait A's i laff because my lief is so much bettr. grades dont matter 2 much now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    Well... I'm glad for them... but actually I'm a bit jelous... I got AABB in AS (Maths, Business, Physics, Art) and A in A-level Spanish. Anyhow I'm applying at 5 universities which ask for AAA and one for AAB (Bath) Let's see how it goes
    which five ask for those grades?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Schitt)
    To those who moan about straight A students "boasting" their grades- I think you need a wake up call and actually realise that while you may think those people are "geeks", they will be the ones to shape our world and most of them deserve what they've acheived.
    thankyou...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    SERIOUSLY :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJG_04)
    i got UUE last year and UUX this year but when i hear about ppl get strait A's i laff because my lief is so much bettr. grades dont matter 2 much now anyway.
    Yep, I'm sure your life is much better than theirs, just like your spelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Yep, I'm sure your life is much better than theirs, just like your spelling
    Where the HELL is LMH? I've never come across it :x

----------

If people are happy with their grades, i'm sure that....oh wtf, seriously, my nine year old sister could get 2 Es. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Where the HELL is LMH? I've never come across it :x
    Red-brick place on the far side of the university parks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Red-brick place on the far side of the university parks.
    -That's- why. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Mancat. I can confirm it is the shitiest college inthe world and it should be made ilegal. I went to the openshaw campus. I got ABb but I was one of the lucky ones. The place is really full of hype.

PS Don;t effer people buy you free drinks, it has bad affects on you health!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    Was the point of the thread to contrast the difference in attitudes of 'straight a' people and those with grades at the lower end of the spectrum in an attempt to highlight how incredibly petty and ungrateful some of the 'I was a mark away from full marks' people are?

If so then I partly agree.It does seem insulting when someone complains of not getting this additional mark to move their B up to an A when other people have worked hard to get D's and C's.On the other hand,I'm one of the people who attained a fairly good set of results that I'm not happy with.Everyone has their own targets and expectations, and it's always disappointing to not live up to them.To use an old cliche, 'The only person you need to answer to is yourself'.There's very little difference in terms of discontent when someone receive a B when they were expecting an A or when someone else receives an E when they were expecting a C.

I'm happy for people who get the grades they want.If CCC is enough to get someone into their firm choice or if it's what they were aiming for then that's great.I personally would be devastated, but I don't hold other people to my own expectations.It works both ways and so you shouldn't really discriminate against people just because their goals are different.Of course,there are always the few that spur disbelief when they lament seemingly meaningless differences(does it really matter if you got 99% or 100%?).They should probably be taken lightly.Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    getting straight A's doesnt mean ur a geek, i mean, lotsa ppl got 4A's and i think they were kinda unexpected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley)
    getting straight A's doesnt mean ur a geek, i mean, lotsa ppl got 4A's and i think they were kinda unexpected
    i seriously dont think LOTS of people get straight A's and kinda didnt expect it.
    A levels isnt a joke, i worked my ass off for two years and all i got was a BCD. i was happy with my results i would have prefered BCC but my results got me accepted into my first choise uni so im fine with it.

im not sick of reading about straight A students, im a lil jealous but iv tried my hardest. what im sick of hearing is people boasting about getting straight A's and sick of people who try to make me feel stupid about only getting those grades!

yes im done :rolleyes:

(Original post by kriztinae)
    i seriously dont think LOTS of people get straight A's and kinda didnt expect it.
    A levels isnt a joke, i worked my ass off for two years and all i got was a BCD. i was happy with my results i would have prefered BCC but my results got me accepted into my first choise uni so im fine with it.

im not sick of reading about straight A students, im a lil jealous but iv tried my hardest. what im sick of hearing is people boasting about getting straight A's and sick of people who try to make me feel stupid about only getting those grades!

yes im done :rolleyes:
    One of the better rants I've seen.

I completely agree with fishpaste's sentiment. If someone achieves something that they are proud of and have worked for then it doesn't make a jot of difference what the did in comparison to anyone else. I worked hard for my grades and and am proud to have got them, I hope that everyone who did the same is similarly pleased with themselves.

ReputationRep:
    agreed, cant stand the *******s.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.