funkypineapple
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So, I did C4 today and it went really great- revised extremely hard for it and i found it overall rather fortunate to receive the paper.

However, i just found out it was leaked and Edexcel is trying to find the culprits of the exam release.

I'm pretty scared about it because i didn't do too great on my C3 or my mocks on C3/4- so if they did try to find the students who cheated, I'm afraid that i might be one of the suspects if they were to track student's previous academic performance. Also, I'm pretty screwed if they took our mock grades instead of our real results.
- IT'S ABSOULUTLY UNFAIR because i worked really hard to achieve my best effort to be successful in the exam.
Olmeister
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To my knowledge I don't believe that's how you catch a cheat, I dont believe they'll look at everyone who did good and penalise them. Still, there's no point in worrying regardless, if I know edexcel they won't do anything and will hide until it all blows over.

Just relax and don't worry.. justice will not involve your paper, surely.
Ameen Abdelbagi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh don't worry, c3 was leaked too
Valyrian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please don't stress yourself out about it.
Studious_Student
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Worst case scenario, they will alter grade boundaries, so if you feel like you did extremely well then you shouldn't have to worry about how it will affect you

What grade are you aiming for? If you want A* then I can understand your predicament a bit more as it does require a high amount of UMS.
shakewell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pretty much everyone I know can't be bothered with mocks. A lot of them do well in the real thing. The board can't just accuse all of them of cheating. They are going to need some sort of evidence to prove you cheated. They can't just randomly accuse someone it's not a witch hunt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (26)
17.11%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
32.24%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.21%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (15)
9.87%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.61%
I think it's an unfair expectation (38)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.97%

Watched Threads