History uni, entry requirements unclear Watch

demetriad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
All my UCAS 5 choices will be History but I am finding it hard to understand the entry requirements, take this example from Kingston:

• General Studies / Native Languages accepted when one of three A-levels or equivalent.
  • Plus GCSE: Mathematics and English grade A*–C (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings) preferred. Key Skills Level 2/3 may be used in lieu of poor GCSEs, depending on combination.

I assume the first paragraph is for an English A-levels system and the second applies to me as a EU national, but what am I required to get in order to be considered?

Also, I will have the bacallaureate in 2 months, native language, maths and biology, and I am hoping to get 7, 7, 7 (out of 10, obviously) - is this a C, C, C?

Or this example from South Bank University:

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/course...y_requirements

Entry requirements 2017
Entry A Level BCC or:
BTEC National Diploma DMM or:
Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or:
Equivalent Level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points
Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C Maths and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).

Or this example from University of Roehampton:

Along with a complete application, EU and international applicants will be required to submit various supporting documents. This will usually include: academic qualifications (certificate and transcript), a valid English language qualification, a personal statement and two references.

Does that mean the final grades of my European Baccalaureate won't matter at all?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by demetriad)
All my UCAS 5 choices will be History but I am finding it hard to understand the entry requirements, take this example from Kingston:

• General Studies / Native Languages accepted when one of three A-levels or equivalent.
  • Plus GCSE: Mathematics and English grade A*–C (or comparable numeric score under the newly reformed GCSE gradings) preferred. Key Skills Level 2/3 may be used in lieu of poor GCSEs, depending on combination.

I assume the first paragraph is for an English A-levels system and the second applies to me as a EU national, but what am I required to get in order to be considered?

Also, I will have the bacallaureate in 2 months, native language, maths and biology, and I am hoping to get 7, 7, 7 (out of 10, obviously) - is this a C, C, C?

Entry requirements 2017
Entry A Level BCC or:
Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C Maths and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).

Along with a complete application, EU and international applicants will be required to submit various supporting documents. This will usually include: academic qualifications (certificate and transcript), a valid English language qualification, a personal statement and two references.

Does that mean the final grades of my European Baccalaureate won't matter at all?
You will need to contact each university and ask them how they view your Bac. For example, none of the Kingston "requirements" are relevant to you.

It's probably something like what they say for this course (70%, etc but without the maths requirement )
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...uirements.html

And for SBU check your country
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/international/..._region_header
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by demetriad)

Entry requirements 2017
Entry A Level BCC or:

All you are miss is the IB equivalency, which is normally on the website under alternative qualifications. If you cant find it, then contact them. They are very much interested in your grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads