I am scared of death

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so ever since the age of 9 I've been scared of dying because people say live your life but what does is even matter in the end and i want heaven and god to be real but I think it'll just be well *nothing* and I'm scared of dying because all the things I experienced and all the things I would miss even though I wouldn't even exist like music and love or the beauty of the world itself and for it to all just disappear is heartbraking I'm 13 now and I'm literally terrified of death in at the point where I'm telling myself I'll never die and I'm fight death forever try I'll just go to sleep one night and not wake up and the other sad thing so the human race only has 300 to 500 years left unless we can travel light years to the closest habitable planet and if global warming or an asteroid dosent destroy us the andromeda galaxy will and then it's game over but I just find life pointless of you're gonna die in the end anyways it keeps me up at night and It may sound bad but I have cried myself to sleep countless nights I know you cant avoid death but that doesn't mean I wanna accept it and another thing is is they say we can transfer our minds into robots or technology but we won't have electricity forever so wtf am I and everyone else supposed to do every day is the ****ing Same for me and i feel like I'm wasting my life so anyine who can help me the help is appreciated
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you die, there's either nothing there and you won't be conscious, so there'll be nothing to be scared of, or you'll go somewhere else and you'll be 'alive', so there'll be nothing to be scared of.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
x
Was scared of death since the age of 8. The thought I would never wake up and participate in life again has driven me crazy through my whole life. One day I realized, I have to swear my anxities about death off and begin to live, no matter in what way I do. Yes, the uncertainty of what is coming next after life may afraid of everyone of us (if there is something after life anyway), but the only one we know is that we are living right here and right now on earth and it is up to everyone of us to live this life as we pleased. Feel free to live it, with anxiety of death, it is hardly possible. Don't think about your fear of death, think about life instead. Enjoy every second of your life, as if it is like a moment of eternity, in other words: live for the moments.

I don't think that a long eternal-like life is a good one. Imagine, you would life for hundreds of years while people who care you and like - possibly even love! - already died before got hundred years old. Is it worth to live a life without spending time with meaningful people of your own? in my opinion, living a long life with the awareness of got the loveable people lost countless years ago is so much worse in my view.
Xopher_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ok so ever since the age of 9 I've been scared of dying because people say live your life but what does is even matter in the end and i want heaven and god to be real but I think it'll just be well *nothing* and I'm scared of dying because all the things I experienced and all the things I would miss even though I wouldn't even exist like music and love or the beauty of the world itself and for it to all just disappear is heartbraking I'm 13 now and I'm literally terrified of death in at the point where I'm telling myself I'll never die and I'm fight death forever try I'll just go to sleep one night and not wake up and the other sad thing so the human race only has 300 to 500 years left unless we can travel light years to the closest habitable planet and if global warming or an asteroid dosent destroy us the andromeda galaxy will and then it's game over but I just find life pointless of you're gonna die in the end anyways it keeps me up at night and It may sound bad but I have cried myself to sleep countless nights I know you cant avoid death but that doesn't mean I wanna accept it and another thing is is they say we can transfer our minds into robots or technology but we won't have electricity forever so wtf am I and everyone else supposed to do every day is the ****ing Same for me and i feel like I'm wasting my life so anyine who can help me the help is appreciated
You have to be happy where you are now, you are still young, I'm kind of jealous, but just be happy in the moment. Don't spend your life being so scared of death that you can't be happy where you are now. Life will fly the more you think about it
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am not scared of dying, maybe because it's the end and nothing will happen afterwards.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you everyone for the support I have gone through most of these "situations"? And it still makes me sad that everything I love or care about will be gone forever that dosent mean I won't take all this under consideration thank you everyone
the_blonde_gal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

You are not alone. Everyone feels like that sometimes.
If you dream about being happy and going for your dreams, your life will feel less hopeless. I hope this has helped
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to be scared. Not anymore, sadly we all have to die one day. I've stopped living in fear of death as it's inevitable - whether it's tomorrow or next year.
Ruth9395
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
God & Heaven are real without a shadow of doubt.. Find ways to have a personal relationship with God. (search Doug Batchelor on YouTube)
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no point fearing something that is inevitable, better to prepare yourself for it instead
Huw M Thomas
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage."
TheNights
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you very much. I am so pleased to know that I’m not alone. I’m 13, and the idea of feeling absolutely nothing forever and ever scares me ever so much. I hate things that are infinite, they just creep me out. So for me, imagining that when you die you feel nothing for eternity, is so scary. I’m pleased to know I’m not alone
username3767260
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheNights)
Thank you very much. I am so pleased to know that I’m not alone. I’m 13, and the idea of feeling absolutely nothing forever and ever scares me ever so much. I hate things that are infinite, they just creep me out. So for me, imagining that when you die you feel nothing for eternity, is so scary. I’m pleased to know I’m not alone
same! i am an atheist and don't believe in heaven or hell but i like to think that it's just you get to live in your dream world and do whatever you want. funny I actually had a dream about that last night. but at the end of the day you can't stop yourself from dying you just have to accept it and think something good will happen like you get your dream or something idk. have a good night
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
This song makes me want to give up my life so another can live-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2A...cb6AeSxHg&t=0s

I am stuck with this choice, maybe I will. I would if it werent for my family.
CGSW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're 13 - every day will be more or less the same and routine as you're not old enough yet to live independently. Just enjoy it because you will be older one day and won't have the luxury of being able to rely on others for stability Life is short but also long - focus on all the un-lived experiences you still have ahead of you.
TheNights
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Many people are scared of death. Remember that millions of people have died before you - you aren’t alone. Also, think about the things that remind you of death. Graveyards? Darkness? Try to avoid these things. If you walk past a graveyard every day, don’t look at it and act like it’s not there. Sleep with a light on if darkness reminds you of death - I also do this. I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads