debs20153
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If these leaks are validated by Ofqual and Edexcel what do you reckon they'll do to make sure everyone gets a fair grade
MR1999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by debs20153)
If these leaks are validated by Ofqual and Edexcel what do you reckon they'll do to make sure everyone gets a fair grade
If the leaks are proven to be true, then they should give UMS for each student separately and use predicted grades to try and find out who cheated.
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Desmos)
If the leaks are proven to be true, then they should give UMS for each student separately and use predicted grades to try and find out who cheated.
What predicted grades might these be?
MR1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
What predicted grades might these be?
They should use the latest predicted grades from teachers as well as overall exam performance to determine unusual spikes in performance by certain candidates. Thus they can give a fair mark and determine those who engaged in malpractice.
EagleOlly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They should use the latest predicted grades from teachers as well as overall exam performance to determine unusual spikes in performance by certain candidates. Thus they can give a fair mark and determine those who engaged in malpractice.
6 maths modules make up the maths A-Level. If someone had scored poorly in the AS modules and suddenly pulled high 90s in C3 and C4, then this is the best method surely to expose the cheaters.
derriere
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EagleOlly)
6 maths modules make up the maths A-Level. If someone had scored poorly in the AS modules and suddenly pulled high 90s in C3 and C4, then this is the best method surely to expose the cheaters.
There'll be plenty of people who did poorly in mocks and picked themselves up for the real exam and did well. Silly idea.
MR1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's highly likely that only C4 was leaked. So I would say if someone did well in C3 and C4 then they didn't cheat. Besides, it's not impossible, and in fact likely, that someone could do pretty bad at AS but then work much harder at A2 and get 90s in C3 and C4. But this person would likely do well in their applied module as well.
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't imagine this being fair on those who genuinely got lucky in the exam and aced it, while getting an E for their predicted grade; I was predicted a U for my R.E GCSE exams and got A*s lolololol (I didn't cheat btw) but I suppose A levels are much harder than GCSEs so maybe that's why
Mr M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Teachers don't submit predicted grades.
MR1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr M)
Teachers don't submit predicted grades.
I don't know, that's what physics and maths tutor said. I think they could compare the quality of scripts across the exam series and use that to determine if people are having unusual spikes in performance.
Alliesurrey
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If these papers were leaked - then there is NO WAY they can then be marked fairly .
The idea that you can go by predicted grades is foolish - a student just needs to say they did heaps of revision!
The truth is someone somewhere has messed up - and it is going to affect the lives of many young students who may be cheated of their grade by another person's
actual cheating.
SHOCKING.!
Mr M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
that's what physics and maths tutor said
Quite.
Gem Thief
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They should just resit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.99%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (37)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.75%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.72%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads