Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

International Baccalaureate Results Day 5th July 2017 Chat Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberry50)
    im going into school this afternoon to pick up paper copies of results :O

I dont think ive done too well so im really stressing about the phone call..
    what do you say when you call unis? "Good evening sir/ madam, id like to enquire about the status of my application"??

also can i call prospective unis that would let me in with lower grade requirements? would they be able to offer me a place or no?
    Good luck everyone! You will do amazingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    literally tomorrow I am doing nothing but waiting
    S A M E. I'm just going to play Breath of the Wild for the whole day tomorrow until someone pries my cold dead body from the tv to look at my results

ReputationRep:
    Results should be out in the UK this afternoon, but my school says that they won't get them until tomorrow? I thought that all IB co-ordinators were given them today? Are my school just being lazy?

ReputationRep:
    The big question is do admissions tutors even realize how stressed out we are?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kqsruno)
    The big question is do admissions tutors even realize how stressed out we are?
    Yes they do
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by ScotBob)
    Results should be out in the UK this afternoon, but my school says that they won't get them until tomorrow? I thought that all IB co-ordinators were given them today? Are my school just being lazy?
    You can sign in to look at your grades yourself on the IBO candidates website. Your school probably thinks that they allowed you to sign in to view your grades yourself so they don't need to give you a copy of your grades today. (This is my school's policy)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tfw you've logged in to ur IB candidates account so many times that u have now memorised the stupid password :~)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tchaikovskyed)
    tfw you've logged in to ur IB candidates account so many times that u have now memorised the stupid password :~)
    so relabtlle I can't even spell relatable
    I would give you a thumbs up but TSR said I already gave you one like pls @TSR let me share some love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kqsruno)
    so relabtlle I can't even spell relatable
    I would give you a thumbs up but TSR said I already gave you one like pls @TSR let me share some love.
    the sentiment is appreciated <3

ReputationRep:
    all our co-ordinators will be getting our results in one and a half hour's time!!! whoo hoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Yes they do
    Why do they do this to us man. ;(
    Like at this point I rather have been rejected months ago than be given an offer and be rejected later......

HOPEFULLY THAT DOESNT HAPPEN THO.
    Apologies as I am struggling to maintain my optimism, sanity, and patience.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, my school DOES get the results this afternoon.... BUT they will not be releasing results to students until tomorrow afternoon. They obviously have NO idea how much extra anxiety they causes. A school in Scotland btw.

ReputationRep:
    Y'all making me stressed for next year when I graduate. Can't wait for the anxiety to flow through my veins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    Y'all making me stressed for next year when I graduate. Can't wait for the anxiety to flow through my veins...
    Haha.... all i can say is don't be like us and make sure u study so hard that u won't need to worry next year LMAO

ReputationRep:
    the wait is endless tbh...

can't wait to be over with it all.

ReputationRep:
    It's 8:00pm here! Officially 24 hours until i get my damn results

ReputationRep:
    can we already ask for remarks? my coordinator already sent me my results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reizzy)
    can we already ask for remarks? my coordinator already sent me my results
    Omg how did you do? I think you should ask your coordinator about re-marks ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a quick question!If my IB final grades are like 1-2 points away from what was predicted, should I phone the university and do I convince them then and there? I'm an international student, so I'm hoping that the university won't be as strict.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KraitBait)
    Hi I have a quick question!If my IB final grades are like 1-2 points away from what was predicted, should I phone the university and do I convince them then and there? I'm an international student, so I'm hoping that the university won't be as strict.
    What does Track say?, if rejected, you're going to your insurance or clearing. Don't phone them yet, or until it is a true near miss, but you May have to wait unroll the 17th August and the A level results day when they may confirm your offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.