The Student Room Group

Adult learner wanting to know what other re:sit options are available

I recently finished studying maths at night school and i sat the exams this month ,my tutor told me because they are changing to the new GCSE system for next year they are not doing resits. Can i book to resit the exams at another collage or school ,i tried looking on online but could not get he answer ,any help would be great.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by REES1234
I recently finished studying maths at night school and i sat the exams this month ,my tutor told me because they are changing to the new GCSE system for next year they are not doing resits. Can i book to resit the exams at another collage or school ,i tried looking on online but could not get he answer ,any help would be great.

You would have been allowed to resit the old 2 exam specification this summer (but this will no longer be available for future exams) or might have sat the new grade 9-1 specification with 3 exams. The only option for future exams is the new 9-1. Most local further education colleges will be offering resits for 9-1 GCSE in November and many will accept private candidates. Get in touch with their exams officers as soon as the new term starts. Many schools will also provide them to their sixth form students but are less likely to accept adult learners as private candidates. If you took the old specification you will find you have a fair amount of work to do to prepare for exams with the new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
You would have been allowed to resit the old 2 exam specification this summer (but this will no longer be available for future exams) or might have sat the new grade 9-1 specification with 3 exams. The only option for future exams is the new 9-1. Most local further education colleges will be offering resits for 9-1 GCSE in November and many will accept private candidates. Get in touch with their exams officers as soon as the new term starts. Many schools will also provide them to their sixth form students but are less likely to accept adult learners as private candidates. If you took the old specification you will find you have a fair amount of work to do to prepare for exams with the new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou for the help i have contacted a few local schools and collages and also my old secondary school to see if they will allow me to sit the exam ,i appreciate it will tougher resitting the new exams but the only other option is redoing the whole course.

Quick Reply

Latest