Kurt Cobain
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
You're in the exam, see a question which you either do not understand the question or simply did not revise the topic well enough, what do you do?

Me personally I would just identify the topic which the question is based on, try to "Re-word" the question and adding keywords from that topic and trying to make it a logical sentence.

However, for the essay question If you did not revise the topic enough, Its basically a failed A level right?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Panic.

Na but for real in my philosophy exam a few weeks ago the question 'explain the problem of conceptual causation and empirical causation encountered by interactionist dualists' and honest to God almost no-one knew what that question meant, so in that case you just have to logically guess what they mean. Like use the definitions of 'conceptual' and 'empirical' and think about what they might mean in terms of causality and then relate it to the interactionist theory.

I did have another q which I wasn't very certain on either and once again you just gotta sit there and really try and logically think about what it could be asking even if you've got no idea.
Kurt Cobain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inexorably)
Panic.

Na but for real in my philosophy exam a few weeks ago the question 'explain the problem of conceptual causation and empirical causation encountered by interactionist dualists' and honest to God almost no-one knew what that question meant, so in that case you just have to logically guess what they mean. Like use the definitions of 'conceptual' and 'empirical' and think about what they might mean in terms of causality and then relate it to the interactionist theory.

I did have another q which I wasn't very certain on either and once again you just gotta sit there and really try and logically think about what it could be asking even if you've got no idea.
Thanks, good point made.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pull out pencil
Sharpen it to a fine point
Stab self and get posthumous A*
If that is a thing xD

In all seriousness, smash that keyboard with every subject buzzword I have. The answer is in there somewhere!
Kurt Cobain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Callicious)
Pull out pencil
Sharpen it to a fine point
Stab self and get posthumous A*
If that is a thing xD

In all seriousness, smash that keyboard with every subject buzzword I have. The answer is in there somewhere!
Haha! Can't smash a keyboard in the exam though, which tbh I would rather the essay for biology to be course work and perhaps a more in depth answer is requried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.23%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.75%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.63%
Financial worries (36)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.92%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.19%

Watched Threads