The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Likelihood of biology through clearing

So I've nearly finished my exams
Aqa English lit, aqa psychology and OCR A Biology.
I crashed and burned, I've always done well, always, not in a bragging way but just heartbroken because the first time I've repetitively frozen in exams and waffled entirely and wrote complete bull has been my A2- the one time it counts (got an a & b at AS but didn't count lmao).
My question is, it is my dream to go to uni of Birmingham and do biological sciences, I keep crying constantly because I know I haven't got the requirements of AAB.
ESPECIALLY when I'm coming out with low C's on unofficial mark schemes

So have any of you gotten onto a biology or biological science degree/ a science through clearing? And if so where? And what did you get?
I keep panicking and I just need some sort of guidance pleas se anything would be useful, I'm distraught.
Original post by LauraGallery
So I've nearly finished my exams
Aqa English lit, aqa psychology and OCR A Biology.
I crashed and burned, I've always done well, always, not in a bragging way but just heartbroken because the first time I've repetitively frozen in exams and waffled entirely and wrote complete bull has been my A2- the one time it counts (got an a & b at AS but didn't count lmao).
My question is, it is my dream to go to uni of Birmingham and do biological sciences, I keep crying constantly because I know I haven't got the requirements of AAB.
ESPECIALLY when I'm coming out with low C's on unofficial mark schemes

So have any of you gotten onto a biology or biological science degree/ a science through clearing? And if so where? And what did you get?
I keep panicking and I just need some sort of guidance pleas se anything would be useful, I'm distraught.

hey there, remember that the exam papers were really, really hard this year, especially for Biology, so I'm pretty sure the grade boundaries will be lower than the average 60% for a C, I think around 50% for a C or possibly lower, so remember to take that into account too. I'm not at university myself, I'm also applying to do Biology. Most firm choices will be flexible in grades, especially given how much the exam boards have screwed up in the last couple of years. There is always the opportunity to retake over the next year then reapply, or even do a foundation Biology course which only requires 3 Cs. :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by nerdydaydreamer
hey there, remember that the exam papers were really, really hard this year, especially for Biology, so I'm pretty sure the grade boundaries will be lower than the average 60% for a C, I think around 50% for a C or possibly lower, so remember to take that into account too. I'm not at university myself, I'm also applying to do Biology. Most firm choices will be flexible in grades, especially given how much the exam boards have screwed up in the last couple of years. There is always the opportunity to retake over the next year then reapply, or even do a foundation Biology course which only requires 3 Cs. :smile:

also, don't pay too much attention to unofficial mark schemes! they're unofficial for a reason :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending