OCR Chem Paper 3 - Unified Chemistry 2017 predictions

Watch
katie123_1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone have any tips on what to revise for this paper based upon what did not appear in the first two papers? Is this paper heavily content based, or is it more practical skills like biology's paper 3? Thanks x
besocansec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there, I suggest going over these as I don't think they have come up:
Born Haber cycles
Arrhenius Equation
How temperature effects Kc
Cation and anion tests
Halogens
Titration with I2 and sodium thiosulfate and managanate Not sure about the organic side of things... can't overly remember the paper, just keep all the analysis techniques and synthesis as they could ask on anything in that.

From what I've heard it is meant to be more practical base, however Ive done 2 of the practice papers so far and they seemed a bit more practical based than paper 1 and 2 but still had a lot of content. This third paper is meant to be more applied and have some more weird questions in it. If you have a Kerboodle textbook then there is a section in the back that has some hard application questions using Kw and other things. This paper links every topic together and can change very fast. Hope this helps
katie123_1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by wil_is_he)
Hi there, I suggest going over these as I don't think they have come up:
Born Haber cycles
Arrhenius Equation
How temperature effects Kc
Cation and anion tests
Halogens
Titration with I2 and sodium thiosulfate and managanate Not sure about the organic side of things... can't overly remember the paper, just keep all the analysis techniques and synthesis as they could ask on anything in that.

From what I've heard it is meant to be more practical base, however Ive done 2 of the practice papers so far and they seemed a bit more practical based than paper 1 and 2 but still had a lot of content. This third paper is meant to be more applied and have some more weird questions in it. If you have a Kerboodle textbook then there is a section in the back that has some hard application questions using Kw and other things. This paper links every topic together and can change very fast. Hope this helps

Thank you so much !! Xx
besocansec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No problem x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads