oliviasimmons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What is the best way to revise for the synoptic essay? What revision techniques have helped or are helping you? Are there any good resources online to help with preparation for the essay? Thanks in advance x
Mr.Booshy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.aqa.org.uk/resources/scie...-guides-essays

here are some marked essays on aqa website
Rexx18
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by oliviasimmons)
What is the best way to revise for the synoptic essay? What revision techniques have helped or are helping you? Are there any good resources online to help with preparation for the essay? Thanks in advance x
Best way to revise is knowing the content really. If you'd like to practice, then come up with some essay titles (try to make it challenging, for example, try writing an essay on genetic engineering or something). The most important thing about your essay is your plan- if you write a really good and detailed plan, you really will have no issues in writing the thing. Perhaps take a look at some essay titles from the past and spend 5 or so minutes in writing out a detailed plan, showing how you can also link certain parts of it. In general, you should be aiming for a minimum of 5 areas of biology in your essay. So yeah, I think that rather than writing out whole essays for practice, focusing on getting a really detailed plan is more important, like I say, as long as your plan in the form of a spider diagram is good, you'll get far with your essay as long as you know the content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed