aryan20
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hi.

For a matured student just started to train in a small accounting firm for ACCA, what could be the prospects if he choses to build a career in practice itself.

For instance after he trains and qualifies with this small firm, he finds a permanant position in a bigger firm, may be one the top 50.. in areas such as audit,tax assurance,legal,advisory etc.. ... stay with them .. grow eventually and takes this up as his career.

Are suchpositions available in these firms ?

Upto what extent he would have to compromise in terms of career and money .. if he decides not to chose the industry ..and remain in practice instead all along.

please get back, your views shall be most helpful.
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
your prospects would be better to move up into bigger firms if you did ACA not ACCA. also you cant do all audit consulting tax and advisory, you only do 1. but yes, some people do move up into big 4/50
lev11
Report 11 years ago
i am on the same crossroad as aryan.

there are all ppl saying that while on job, maybe 3 years after qualification the ACA ACCA factor is less dominant. Its more about performance,knowledge exposure so on. How far is this true, as i know many good firms including the Big4s have lot of ACCAs as well. I have more interests on corporate finance or the financial management areas in a prospective FIRM ,other than audit or tax. Can i catch up with one of these, in the long run.
keyword
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
HI! I have acca qualification,but i study it by myself and i just have study at a 2—level university,and the most important is i am a chinese.I want to join big 4,does it difficult?thank you.
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by keyword)
HI! I have acca qualification,but i study it by myself and i just have study at a 2—level university,and the most important is i am a chinese.I want to join big 4,does it difficult?thank you.
The most important is i am a chinese?

I suspect you may struggle with the verbal reasoning aptitude tests
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
6.99%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.41%
I don't think they'd understand (57)
15.32%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
38.98%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.3%

Watched Threads