The Student Room Group

Being treated like a piece of meat in Turkey

I'm currently on a short break in the Izmir province in turkey, I'm staying at a place called selcuk, travelling alone as a female.

I've had a lovely time, especially doing the sight seeing an touristy stuff.

The only thing that's been negative in my visit is the amount of pervy attention I get from men. Never ever have I been perved at to the extent I have these past 4 days. I've even been propositioned for sex by two of the men who work at the boutique hotel I'm staying at. It's honestly creepy, they've both suggested in separate conversations that they think I would make a good **** buddy.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's just the culture they grow up in really, what you gonna do :/
it's Ramadhan, people should be lowering there gaze!
hey fruli boo x

aren't you black? Maybe they have "jungle fever."
black men don't do that ****. i've had pervy moments from arabs and asians.
Tbh I think you're making the whole story up in an attempt to discredit muslims.

Lets be honest though did you dress conservatively covering the whole body? Did you attempt to follow ramadan? Did you visit some local mosques while you were there? Or was is the usual tits and arse hanging out, booze on the boat, pissed up pricks on quad bikes etc...
Original post by MindControlGrid
Tbh I think you're making the whole story up in an attempt to discredit muslims.

Lets be honest though did you dress conservatively covering the whole body? Did you attempt to follow ramadan? Did you visit some local mosques while you were there? Or was is the usual tits and arse hanging out, booze on the boat, pissed up pricks on quad bikes etc...

They dont really need discrediting when 27%(pew research if you think im making this up) of them are either in favour of or have mixed feelings on isis, somehow i feel they discredit themselves... unlike the muslims in jordan, lebanon, israel etc where 94-100% are completely against isis. Also she never brought muslims up, you did so can you please show me what brought you to the conclusion of muslims? You could have took muslim out your argument and said asian, both are equally moronic but theyre nethertheless equal in weight due to the fact she never directed this in anyway to a religion nor a race.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Fruli
I'm currently on a short break in the Izmir province in turkey, I'm staying at a place called selcuk, travelling alone at a female.

I've had a lovely time, especially doing the sight seeing an touristy stuff.

The only thing that's been negative in my visit is the amount of pervy attention I get from men. Never ever have I been perved at to the extent I have these past 4 days and yet I thought black men were bad. What I've experienced from the Turkish men is nothing comparison. I've even been propositioned for sex by two of the men who work at the boutique hotel I'm staying at. It's honestly creepy, they've both suggested in separate conversations that they think I would make a good **** buddy.

What's up with Turkish men. I never ever realised they are this bad

Don't tell me it was this guy again...
[video="youtube;vcg9jzgKkuA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcg9jzgKkuA[/video]
Original post by Radial174115
They dont really need discrediting when 27%(pew research if you think im making this up) of them are either in favour of or have mixed feelings on isis, somehow i feel they discredit themselves... unlike the muslims in jordan, lebanon, israel etc where 94-100% are completely against isis. Also she never brought muslims you did so can you please show me what brought you to the conclusion of muslims? You could have took muslim out your argument and said asian, both are equally moronic but theyre nethertheless equal in weight due to the fact she never directed this in anyway to a religion nor a race.

The reality is that ISIS has always been a creation of the Mossad/MI5/CIA used in order to create the endless war in the middle east and serve the greater Israel/New World Order Agenda. Its a mainstream media sham; a total punch and judy show. But that is an issue that can be debated elsewhere.

As far as I'm aware Turkey is a muslim country and it was heavily implied from the OP that muslims are seedy perverts as that is the well worn stereotype. It is however a very common ploy of cowardly promiscuous females to solicit attention and then cry rape/harassment when **** comes on top and they have bit off more than they can chew.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by moonlightmoon
black men don't do that ****. i've had pervy moments from arabs and asians.

You can't speak for every 'black man'.. the same way you can't assume all arabs and asians are 'pervy'

Some people ugh.
Original post by Anonymous
You can't speak for every 'black man'.. the same way you can't assume all arabs and asians are 'pervy'

Some people ugh.

i never said all wth but yeah you're right i cant speak for every black man. it just pissed me off when she said "and i thought black men were bad"
That's Islam for you, I'm afraid. They have zero respect for women and are allowed to get away with it.
Original post by Kiritsugu
[video="youtube;vcg9jzgKkuA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcg9jzgKkuA[/video]

1st lad was weak but he werent playing either, mass respect :yy: :toofunny:
Original post by Kiritsugu

lmfao that mug on the bike though. How he gonna harass a breh on peds? :rofl: I woulda nicked his bike :colone:
@Kiritsugu cheers bruv for linking this vid lmao never saw this man before but I could use some prank vids, kwis?

I'll allow quoting you now lol
Apparently India is even worse
Reply 16
Original post by Dot.Cotton
That's Islam for you, I'm afraid. They have zero respect for women and are allowed to get away with it.

"That's Islam for you"

Tell me where they decided to perv in the name of Islam?

You're a UKIP supporter, you didn't even win a seat.
Well if you were a young maybe around 24 years old white female going around Turkey with just a bikini then I wouldn't be surprised if you got that pervy attention, I have also seen Eastern Europeans being pervy towards young white females. Did you actually wear casual clothes which also includes covering up your private parts?
Original post by MindControlGrid
The reality is that ISIS has always been a creation of the Mossad/MI5/CIA used in order to create the endless war in the middle east and serve the greater Israel/New World Order Agenda. Its a mainstream media sham; a total punch and judy show. But that is an issue that can be debated elsewhere.

As far as I'm aware Turkey is a muslim country and it was heavily implied from the OP that muslims are seedy perverts as that is the well worn stereotype. It is however a very common ploy of cowardly promiscuous females to solicit attention and then cry rape/harassment when **** comes on top and they have bit off more than they can chew.

I agree with the last part women get equality and a good amount tend to cry fowl. And the first part although what you say is a complete fallacy i have no interest in adressing it but what im saying is there was no implication at muslims at all. Tbh ive just read back through what she said and she said "and i thought black people were bad" which i can see where you could get a racial aspect out of what shes saying but bringing a religion into it is idiotic as tbere was 0 implications and youre either playing the victim or attempting to set muslims as victims when theyre not at all
I don't really get your black men comment, from my experience they're more courteous that a lot of white 'lads'.

Although yes, Turkey is the worst for that sort of thing. You should've skipped over to Greece.

Quick Reply