Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I refuse to be 22 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Just a thought from an old bid

You think you're having fun now, wait till you're 32 when you will really be having fun.
    Yay! Think Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, Charlotte (Sex and the City)
    (mind you -you may have to move to NYC - a minor inconvenience)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I want to stay 21 for ever! Help :mad:

PS Just had to go to canal street with my cousin he bought me lots of free drinks but I had to watchhim snog his boyfriend.
    22 isn't that bad. I'm worrying about 23 (coming up in a few days). I always thought I'd still be really young when coming out of uni but now I'll be 24 :eek:

High school years weren't great so I'll stick with 23. What would be really neat would be to go back when I was 15 or 16 and give myself some advice.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks people, I am not 22 till tomorrow but I feel it. I guess age isn't really a problem as longs as you have your health and you don't stop doing stuff.

ReputationRep:
    babes.....age aint nuthing but a number...it aint gnna affect (effect?!?!?!) u unless u let it...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks people, I am not 22 till tomorrow but I feel it. I guess age isn't really a problem as longs as you have your health and you don't stop doing stuff.
    I really enjoyed 22 - it was a good year much better than 21 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    22 is not old if that's what you were implying! i won't be around tommorow to say it so: happy early birthday!

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday AT enjoy the fact that its your birthday.

ReputationRep:
    None of us are getting any younger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I love being 20.

The teens see me as an adult and the adults see me as a teen. Also, I have the big 21st to look forward too.
    Same for me. I'm 20, but everyone says I look like I'm 16. Anyway happy b-day Amazingtrade and other August b-day people.

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting to be 22. I had the same panic about this time last year. I totally understand.
    22 is the first "non-birthday". Up until then every age is worth celebrating. 21 is the final celebration-worthy birthday before 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90?...
    So once 21 has passed you only really have 6 or 7 birthdays left. Which sucks! I'm almost 23 and feeling very old. I haven't started wearing pop socks just yet but it's only a matter of time (and there's not much of that left!).
    Sorry if I've depressed you even more.
    Looking on the bright side, you could have a massive party in celebration of your first non-birthday.

ReputationRep:
    btw AT -

Have a fabuloso bday tomoz...!

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean- I don't want to be 19 next week. Just got used to being 18! And I still get mistaken for a 15 year old- it happened twice the other week!

ReputationRep:
    Just the thought of being nearly two decades old induces the feeling of projectile vomiting out of me.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been down Canal Street...I've heard a lot about it from my (mostly straight) friends though! I think I'll stick to my regular haunts, hmmm familar. I think the early twenties are a nice age to be though

ReputationRep:
    I want to stay 21 for ever! Help :mad:
    Try being 28

ReputationRep:
    Come on,it's not like your turning 60,your turning 22,it's fun,think of it that way,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    None of us are getting any younger
    cheers for that...you've cheered everyone right up, I'm sure...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Just had inspiration on how I can cheer you up....

at 22 I had a mortgage and a pension - no matter how old you get I'll always be older

*about to say goodbye to my first quarter century*
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    This is not comforting to my ears.
    Would you like a hearing aid grandad

*runs*
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Young whippersnappers! In my day kids respected their elders (and it was all fields round here).
    and we used to walk to school - 10 miles each way in the SNOW!!!

:zimmer:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.