The Student Room Group

Not entered for exam

I found out on Friday I wasn't entered for an exam on Monday.
Talked to my exam officer and said I can be entered and there will probably be enough papers or they can photocopy one (not sure how that's allowed though?)
No explanation as to why I wasn't entered though.

Emailed same day about an hour later to double check whether there enough papers for me to sit the exam and to make sure I actually need to revise for this exam as have another exam the same day and an exam the next day.
Wrote that if there's not enough then I'll be fine with not taking the exam as it's no longer important and I'm not relying on it.

I didn't get a reply and I'm not sure what to do. My two other exams are really important and I would prefer to just keep revising for them to get better grades in those subjects but I don't know if I can just miss the exam if the exam officer doesn't reply.

What would you do?
Original post by GabrielaHajduk
Talked to my exam officer and said I can be entered and there will probably be enough papers or they can photocopy one (not sure how that's allowed though?)

Emailed same day about an hour later to double check whether there enough papers for me to sit the exam and to make sure I actually need to revise for this exam as have another exam the same day and an exam the next day.
Wrote that if there's not enough then I'll be fine with not taking the exam as it's no longer important and I'm not relying on it.

I didn't get a reply and I'm not sure what to do. My two other exams are really important and I would prefer to just keep revising for them to get better grades in those subjects but I don't know if I can just miss the exam if the exam officer doesn't reply.

What would you do?

You dont say what the exam is. Is it worth marks to an A level that I need to go to Uni?

If so I would sit it?

If I am prepared to lose those marks because it doesnt matter and would prefer to focus on a different exam, then that is personal choice.

You already seem to have made your mind up, but it seems clear the exam officer will let you sit it, but you can choose not to show. Its up to you.
Reply 2
Original post by GabrielaHajduk

What would you do?

Centres are always sent at least 2 spare papers, so as long as they have some entries they will have a spare one for you. Failing that they can always download one just before the exam.

She's probably really busy and fairly exhausted and hasn't replied as she has decided she'll enter you after the exam if you show up and then parked it mentally as not urgent - that's what I'd do but I'm not her so don't count on that being right. Try to make a definite decision and email it to the Exam officer - late entries at this stage cost treble the original fee so she will be cross if she does enter you and then you change your mind.

Who knows why you weren't entered but there's no point getting cross about it now. If I were the EO I'd also be cross that I had given you 3 timetables by now and you'd never noticed you weren't entered for an exam. I'm guessing it's Further Maths as that's where everyone does their own thing and you rely on the students to be on the ball (I have Y13 FM students completing everything from 9 to 18 units and barely any of the ones taking 12 are taking the same 12).

Quick Reply

Latest