The Student Room Group

Whats the point of doing A levels

jjj
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ameeracastro
If A-levels are equivalent to BTECS than really what is the point of long and hard a-level exams in more than disheartening exam halls?I dont get it,one can ever so easily cheat their way through a btec course by getting someone else to write their course work but some how a D*D*D* is equivalent to that AAA.
Is it really worth me doing A levels,do all universities accept btec,because i fear that alot of btec students will be getting distinctions and i doubt i'll be getting straight A's therefore hindering my chances of getting into a good uni.

Whoever told you BTECs are equivalent to A levels is a liar probably trying to sell his course or something 😂

I can tell you for a fact, that even if they may be equivalent in terms of UCAS points or whatever, there are some unis that do not accept BTECs (usually most top russel group unis) and sometimes even the ones that do only accept btec equivalents for specific courses. But there are still some decent unis out there that accept BTEC, so don't restrict yourself and just do what is best for you.
You can't get into oxbridge and a lot of other russell group unis for competitive courses with a BTEC. Also, BTECs are very narrow and only teach you about one vocational thing. Some of us like to learn multiple subjects. My education isn't about what's easiest, it's about what I find challenging and enjoy the most, most people would agree. You often don't get that with a BTEC.

Quick Reply

Latest