smitttttttttt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, so im thinking to do btec business and drop two out of the 3 subjects : economics, history and Geogrpahy.
My strongest subject is History, but does this go well with btec business level 3
erewr39
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, BTEC business is really fun to study and complete if you spend like 3 hours a day(a lot less if you know the information) everyday on assignments, its not as hard as a levels where you cant measure whether the information registered into your brain and it does not require a great deal of knowledge before entering the course as it goes through all the things you would need to know prior to going to university.

Doing an A level with btec business is not hard however the subject History is unrelated to business topics, thus it wont be beneficial to the progress of your career. However if you find that subject easy than possibly after finding about the entry requirements for universities you can continue to do that. That being said Economics is what i would choose to do but if you aren`t doing it well already it might clash with your assignments as you begin to revise and cause unneeded stress. I do not do an a level with my BTEC although i had planned too but the new specification requires students to do 2 exams on June and the following January which could induce the same amount of stress as doing a level exams. If you want to study fully the world of business and succeed i suggest you just do the BTEC business alone and simply be free and transcend towards heaven with the immense amount of free time you will get.
smitttttttttt
Rep:
?
cool thanks also what could yous study with btec business at universities??
BigMan Ting
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smitttttttttt)
cool thanks also what could yous study with btec business at universities??
Yo,

You can study pretty much anything related to business, economics or finance. My mates have been offered places for Industrial Economics (Notts) and Economics (QMUL) respectively.

I do Business with History (so I can offer advice) and had just finished it. Like the user before myself said, you'd have to sit exams for the new spec whereas we're the last year to do the old spec so it's 100% coursework based and you'll know your grades whilst you go along.
smitttttttttt
Rep:
?
Hi thanks , i had a look at accounting and finance for bath and the other unis and on the website it dosent mention btecs?
BigMan Ting
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smitttttttttt)
Hi thanks , i had a look at accounting and finance for bath and the other unis and on the website it dosent mention btecs?
Excerpt from Bath:

''

BTEC

Typical offer:
D*DD in the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (QCF) plus grade A in A level Mathematics.
We are able to consider BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas (QCF) in Business, Engineering or Science in combination with A level Mathematics. If you are applying with a BTEC in Engineering or Science, we would expect to see evidence of strong essay-based skills in other areas, such as strong GCSE performance in English and humanities subjects.
If you are studying towards a Cambridge Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma or a new specification BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (RQF), please contact us for guidance.
See the ‘Combinations of qualifications’ section for information about combinations of A level and BTEC qualifications that we can consider.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads