Selenananah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there!
I'm looking to do an access course that will enable me to go on to a degree in Mental Health Nursing or Psychology
My local college only offers access to humanities and social sciences or healthcare
The healthcare access seems to be more tailored to nursing and midwifery and also has more of a science based study.
Does anyone know whether the humanities and social sciences will be enough to get me into the degree I want to do.
I can go straight into the humanities access and finish in 1 year
Or id have to do the preaccess redo my science GCSE and a year of the healthcare
Also does anyone know an average amount of in class hours they'd be as I have a 1 year old who breastfeed and I'd need to workout childcare and a pumping schedule
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Selenananah)
Hi there!
I'm looking to do an access course that will enable me to go on to a degree in Mental Health Nursing or Psychology
My local college only offers access to humanities and social sciences or healthcare
The healthcare access seems to be more tailored to nursing and midwifery and also has more of a science based study.
Does anyone know whether the humanities and social sciences will be enough to get me into the degree I want to do.
Or id have to do the preaccess redo my science GCSE and a year of the healthcare
Also does anyone know an average amount of in class hours they'd be as I have a 1 year old who breastfeed and I'd need to workout childcare and a pumping schedule
It's likely universities would want the healthcare access course as there's one available
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
It depends. It is possible to get onto a nursing mental health course with the social sciences access course, but unusual.

The actual health one is required by many unis with varying amounts of distinctions and varying amounts of credits, which must be science based.

You should have in mind which courses you wish to do an check their admissions policy. The health access course will keep your options open and ofc you will learn more relevant knowledge, which will help your studies.
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
social science DOES allow you into Psychology. I have just completed access to social science and I am going on to do Psychology
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
Hi, I have just finished my access course. I'd recommend calling the admissions department of the university or universities you want to apply to and ask them directly.
I hope this helps.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
The website tells you if they accept it or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.17%
Disagree (6)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (40)
33.33%
Agree (46)
38.33%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.17%

Watched Threads