The Student Room Group

i can't do anything

hi im in year 10 and i know it's a bit early but i'm so worried about my ucas application and things. so im decent at academic things so i id love to be a doctor when i grow up but it's so competitive and the unis are mainly looking for people who stand out right?
ive being trying to play piano for a decade and ive barely scraped a pass every exam, im horrible at sport, i can't sing/act to save my life, i have anxiety so im terrible at public speaking, all my hobbies are academic related so like what am i even gonna talk about in my applications cause like i cant just take up knitting or smth. i didnt even do dofe because i knew itd be a nightmare for me.
i go to a grammar school so theres a bunch of like smart people here but they all do so many things i dont get it like my friend does like 4 instruments and is doing dofe and's won like 4 national science competition, runs a club at school, and also has a black belt in karate while being top of the year in everything
Read, and care about what you read.

If you're going for Oxbridge and you mention a book you found interesting in your PS, 90% chance at the interview they will ask you about it, if you can tell them a lot about it with passion in the room then I reckon you have pretty good ground to stand on.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest