Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    New phone needed-what do I get!

The Sharp is £305 Sim free, so I can keep my current payg sim and number and network (Orange), has a 1 MPx Camera with flash and MP3 player with expandable memory. The Orange is £30 pm contract for 200 texts and 200 mins (I think), again good camera and MP3 player with expandable memory.

I'm buying tomoro, what do I get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    New phone needed-what do I get!

The Sharp is £305 Sim free, so I can keep my current payg sim and number and network (Orange), has a 1 MPx Camera with flash and MP3 player with expandable memory. The Orange is £30 pm contract for 200 texts and 200 mins (I think), again good camera and MP3 player with expandable memory.

I'm buying tomoro, what do I get!
    Gx30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Gx30
    Straightforward answer. Any other ideas? I think sim free might be the best actually cos I don't want to get tied into a contract, especially as I replace my phone usually within 6-12 months. Phones improve so quickly-I don't think I could wait. I have a friend who's dad works for Sharp Mobile and I might get an early (ie pre-release) GX40 (eek!) in a few months, so I'm gonna order the Sharp tonite, should recieve it on Sat. YAY!

Any other thoughts/considerations welcome tho.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the E200 is not the newest model of SPV, there have been one or two new releases since, e.g. the SPV C500 ( http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/2998.html ) .
    The E200 can be unlocked easily by downloading software, my E100 is currently on an O2 genie sim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    Straightforward answer. Any other ideas? I think sim free might be the best actually cos I don't want to get tied into a contract, especially as I replace my phone usually within 6-12 months. Phones improve so quickly-I don't think I could wait. I have a friend who's dad works for Sharp Mobile and I might get an early (ie pre-release) GX40 (eek!) in a few months, so I'm gonna order the Sharp tonite, should recieve it on Sat. YAY!

Any other thoughts/considerations welcome tho.
    Well you never really asked. Ok, here's the low down from inside the business, lol. The best phone in my opinion is the Sony Erricsson P900 as it has all the functions one could want, MP3 player, PDA functions, brilliant camera, however the only drawback is that it retails at £599 sim free and is hard to obtain as a newer model is coming out, and this one discontinued.

IF you have about £300 to spare, consider the Nokia 6230, nearly everyone has it though, but it too has an MP3 player, decent camera, bluetooth and its triband, you get removable memory and therefore could store more stuff on your phone, likewise for the P900.

The GX30 is a very nice phone, the camera quality is excellent and the phone itself looks the part. Apart from being a smart picture phone it sports bluetooth, however, if you wish to play mp3, then you'd be limited as the phone itself only has internal memory, so maybe maximum tunes would be about 4, which is pants.

Sony Ericcsson K700i similiar to the 6230, larger memory, however you can't expand it.

All these handsets are decent, depends on what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    The Gx30 has SD card expansion, its the Nokia that can't be expanded.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.