The Student Room Group

Chances of 2019 TC? Rejected for all vacation schemes

During the start of the year, I was unsuccessful at any vacation schemes. I had 2 assessment days, 3 video interviews and the rest were rejections (applied to 13). I'm now doing training contract applicants, and putting a lot more effort and research in to the individual firm since I believe this is where I slipped up. I achieved 63% average in first year and 66% in second year. What are my chances of a TC? I have a week's worth legal work experience only, but no other real big extra-curriculars. Also, how many is it worth applying to and should I be doing it now or next year?

Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
What non legal work experience do you have?

Apart from the additional research and increased academic percentage, what else has changed since your VS applications?

What type of firms are you applying to?

What kind of feedback did you get from the ACs you attended? Have you worked on that feedback?

Even if you answer these questions it's going to be difficult for anyone to give you a clear indication of your chances. You got to the assessment centre stage last time though, so nothing to suggest that couldn't happen again.

There is nothing stopping you from applying this year and next year though.

It's not really a numbers game though. There isn't a number of firms you should be applying to. It really depends on what motivates you and how that motivation fits with the firms you are applying to. For one person that could mean only applying to one firm. For the next person, it could mean applying to 25 firms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Part time work working in a takeaway. And also non-legal work experience at a software company.

I'm just trying to be a lot more specific with my applications. My feedback was that my interview answers were not specific enough to answering the question, so I need to work on that.

I'm just wondering can you still apply to 2019 TCs next year, or will it only be 2020?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending