Turn on thread page Beta

Help !!! overseas student!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm an overseas student, I will be Upper Sixth thie Sept. I'm chosing courses, uni..
    But I got stuck in booking tickets!! do you need to wait until 19 August (if AQA, OCR and Edexcel board) to make a booking as you won't know it before. will the tickets expensive? how do you book they. help, it's bugging me!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i m also an overseas goin to uk this oct for uni.i booked the airtik in advanced say one month even i dunno my gce results.it is lotz cheaper!!!i got it at abt $4000 hkd rather than de original $85oo

ReputationRep:
    thanks, but how do you know when to book i.e. do unis have similar open or induction dates??

ReputationRep:
    They are all different.

ReputationRep:
    do you mean booking all the dates that unis open??
    cis , do you mean a return ticket or single ( sorry, it sounds stupid)

ReputationRep:
    ciz where do you book it? through a travel agent?

ReputationRep:
    i booked it as a single ticket thro a travel agent.(i guess u won be optin for a return one coz u are comin here for study!)airlines are usally quite full at late aug,so u rili hv to decide coming here in aug or sept.hey where are u from??

ReputationRep:
    cis, I come from Hongkong, can you give me the number or the agent's name. I think I would like to come in in Sept. coz I got nowhere to stay.
    how do you book the dates - I mean how do you know when you have to come back ?? do you book before or after you get your results?

ReputationRep:
    hi turtle i come fr hong kong too!i will try to ask my mun about the tracel agent thing...plz wait.i arrive at london three dayz ago.

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait!!

ReputationRep:
    hi.my mun said it was an agency called carelink.are u comin this or next fall?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.