The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Liveliest accommodation

Hi, I'm going into my first year and I'm just trying to finalise my accommodation. I was curious what halls often seemed the most social and lively. Cheers!
Hey, I'm going into my third year at spa and from my experience the unite halls are the busiest tbh, so that is waterside court and Charlton court. Think it's mainly because the security is so nice and relaxed so they let parties go on because they give you respect. They also have courtyards which is a fairly social area especially fresher's week. Gardens is fairly social especially with the blocks (so all of lime tend to know each other which is 4 houses I think). Onsite tends to have to reduce noise fairly early around 11:30 on Normal days compared to fresher's week where it's relaxed.
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by thebrokentripod
Hey, I'm going into my third year at spa and from my experience the unite halls are the busiest tbh, so that is waterside court and Charlton court. Think it's mainly because the security is so nice and relaxed so they let parties go on because they give you respect. They also have courtyards which is a fairly social area especially fresher's week. Gardens is fairly social especially with the blocks (so all of lime tend to know each other which is 4 houses I think). Onsite tends to have to reduce noise fairly early around 11:30 on Normal days compared to fresher's week where it's relaxed.

Ah awesome! I currently have lakeside as my first option, would you not recommend it for the social aspect? I was interested in waterside and Charlton, is being off campus not that bad?
Original post by Billypeddl
Ah awesome! I currently have lakeside as my first option, would you not recommend it for the social aspect? I was interested in waterside and Charlton, is being off campus not that bad?

I've not really had any experience with Lakeside accommodation tbh.
My top choices were all gardens so when I found out I was off site in waterside I was a bit worried. But then I realised I can easily walk into (and back from) town so I didn't need a bus. Also living next to lidl and not far from MacDonalds either was amazing! Yeah you have to get a bus into uni so your have to get up a but earlier but in my opinion off site has more positives than on site
I lived in Waterside and to be honest it's what you make of it :smile: As mentioned above, the courtyard is pretty good, and the security/on-site staff are GREAT in every aspect. The ease of getting to town and back is also really useful, and the buses run regularly to campus. In freshers week, Waterside and Charlton were very sociable, and a lot of the flats went out together, but I assume it'll be similar all over :smile: I imagine that, if being sociable is a priority, you'll be able to do it wherever you choose to live. We made friends who were in Waterside, Charlton, on campus, in shared houses, and locals too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending