Serial number NI letter

Watch
Lucofthewoods
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
On my NI letter is the serial number the same as my NI number or the other numbers in the top left? Not sure what to put on provisional license form
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lucofthewoods)
On my NI letter is the serial number the same as my NI number or the other numbers in the top left? Not sure what to put on provisional license form
Can't remember about the letter, but your NI number should be of the format:

AB 12 34 56 C

(It should be fairly clear on the NI letter what it is...!)
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doesn't matter in the slightest. You could write your NI number, some of the other numbers, "N/A", or leave it blank.

DVLA don't give a damn.
Beth987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Okay so I know this thread is old but I finally figured it out how to find the serial number on your NI letter (after searching EVERYWHERE). There should be a QR code on your letter (mine was on the left hand side, on the edge). Download a QR reader app and then scan it and it will tell you the number. Hopefully this helps someone.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Beth987)
Okay so I know this thread is old but I finally figured it out how to find the serial number on your NI letter (after searching EVERYWHERE). There should be a QR code on your letter (mine was on the left hand side, on the edge). Download a QR reader app and then scan it and it will tell you the number. Hopefully this helps someone.
As I said THREE YEARS AGO, it doesn't matter what you write.
Elliemaebarritt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Omggg thank you so much!!! I’ve been looking for this today this is such a big help!
Abbyleighh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
When I scan it it’s so long?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Abbyleighh)
When I scan it it’s so long?
Just write your NI number or simply put N/A. It's irrelevant.
Gemzo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for the info, (didn’t have a clue which number to use), but the number that the QR code brings up is simply the number above your name and address on the letter, so much simpler just to copy that x
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Gemzo)
Thanks for the info, (didn’t have a clue which number to use), but the number that the QR code brings up is simply the number above your name and address on the letter, so much simpler just to copy that x
You don't need to put any number down. Simply write N/A. Much easier.
Maggiexo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I didn’t write anything on mine they didn’t care but the serial number is at the top. Mine is HM** then your own individual numbers. Might be different as were most likely in different parts of UK lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads