The Student Room Group

Is my lack of energy normal?

I have always considered myself borderline lazy but I am now finding myslef in the situation where as soon as i touch the couch it is nigh on impossible to separate myself from it, i then wake up two hours later and wonder how it all happened. After spending an hour pondering whether to get back up and do some actual work, i stand up, only to be overcome by dizziness, my mum says this is normal (low blood pressure), but often it is long-lasting and i end up just going to bed early, wasting the whole evening. Is this normal?
Maybe you're not getting enough vitamins, vitamin D perhaps, or iron or something. Or perhaps if you feel depressed you might just be suffering extreme tiredness that comes with it?
Someone should gift him 80p so he can buy some energy

@Reality Check rate the bio banter
Original post by Dwarf-Shortage
Someone should gift him 80p so he can buy some energy

@Reality Check rate the bio banter

9.5/10. Fact.
all teenagers feel like this
Original post by Pearcec060
I have always considered myself borderline lazy but I am now finding myslef in the situation where as soon as i touch the couch it is nigh on impossible to separate myself from it, i then wake up two hours later and wonder how it all happened. After spending an hour pondering whether to get back up and do some actual work, i stand up, only to be overcome by dizziness, my mum says this is normal (low blood pressure), but often it is long-lasting and i end up just going to bed early, wasting the whole evening. Is this normal?

Hey, I would go to the doctors and get a blood test. I was feeling like this last year during my gcses and it worsened during the 1st year of sixth form so I went to get a blood test expecting nothing and that maybe it was just me.
I had similar feelings to you like I would feel dizzy, have more headaches than usual, want to sleep and have naps which previously I wouldn't be able to do because it was to bright to sleep.
I got the results and I had an iron deficiency so now I'm on iron tablets and I'm slowly starting to feel more myself. So get a blood test just to make sure. :smile: hope you feel better soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pearcec060

Some of that does sound normal but some does not. The main one is the dizziness for some time is not normal.

Some people do have low BP but also have a reason for it. I would talk to your doctor and let them check it out.

Quick Reply

Latest