The Student Room Group

Are there any good forums for people my age?

Does anyone know of any good popular forums for people around age 30, similar to this but doesnt have to be for students. I think im a bit old for here now as im embarrased to reveal my age.
Reply 1
Mumsnet.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know of any good popular forums for people around age 30, similar to this but doesnt have to be for students. I think im a bit old for here now as im embarrased to reveal my age.

Nothing wrong with you being an older member. Help make it better by contributing meaningful content and offering advice to those with less life experience than you.

Despite it's flaws, TSR is still the best forum I've been part of.
I dont think there are any, that's why I come here

Or use apps. Chatrooms? All apps are on phone-chatrooms anyway. Try those.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Mumsnet.

Im not a mum, I know a few people on here are on mumsnet but ive no kid.
4chan?
Reply 6
Im not a mum, I know a few people on here are on mumsnet but ive no kid.

Reddit is pretty good then.

I'm a regular on 1 or 2 subs, easy to lose track of time since it's way more busy than TSR.
Reply 7
I find that most people on here are more experienced/knowledgable than me ive not got out and about that much hah. When I do give opinions though people like to argue. It is a good forum in terms of popularity etc
I find that most people on here are more experienced/knowledgable than me ive not got out and about that much hah. When I do give opinions though people like to argue. It is a good forum in terms of popularity etc

No harm in staying though. Sadly people do like to argue but what do you expect when the audience is students (IE. Immature youngsters)? :tongue:

I heard Digital Spy has forums related to tv programmes if your're into that kind of thing (a couple of ex-tsrians too apparently)
Reply 10
Original post by bizzy_penguin
I heard Digital Spy has forums related to tv programmes if your're into that kind of thing (a couple of ex-tsrians too apparently)

Digital Spy is known for their oversensitive mods, use at caution. I'm sure @spotify95 has something to add on this!
Original post by UWS
Digital Spy is known for their oversensitive mods, use at caution. I'm sure @spotify95 has something to add on this!

interesting :smile: - not a member myself but I do scroll through the holby city and doctor who threads occasionally. Though, I did wonder why an ex tsrian went to complain on DS about being banned if their mods are stricter...
Quora
Original post by UWS

Not had a problem personally.
Original post by UWS

They seem to be a bit better since the redesign and the new site, however, certainly prior to the site upgrade, the mods on DS were very over sensitive and would ban you for trivial things that would otherwise only get you a tip/reminder/warning on TSR. Plus any shared IPs would get all linked accounts banned, no matter what the circumstances.

If you are going to use Digital Spy, I would still proceed with caution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending