Free braces at 19 or over?

Watch
Wickjohn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Currently I'm 19 and would like to get braces for my top and bottom teeth. I know that braces aren't free for people over 18 usually however I believe that the state of my teeth justifies the need for braces. There are gaps in my front four teeth and one of my teeth has grown in the wrong direction due to another tooth growing right behind it. Also, whenever I chew on solid food I feel this clicking in the right side of my jaw causing some discomfort.

Also, before turning 18, (when I was 14 or 15 I think) I remember going to the NHS and I was expected to get braces however months and then years went by and I didn't end up getting them for some reason (it was a long time ago so I don't remember what actually happened).

So my question is, am I entitled to free braces off the NHS due to the reasons I've provided? I've also heard about hc1, hc2 forms. Can these help with me getting free braces off NHS? If I could I would pay for them however my family and I aren't in the position to spend thousands on braces.
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can no longer get free braces at 19, even with an exemption form for prescriptions and dental care as it is different type of care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopson97
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am 19 and got free braces; however I was an exception as I was hospitalised for a prolonged period of time, and thus couldn't get braces when I was meant to.
Kelseyr92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you get help with cost of braces if you are on benefits and don’t work please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (534)
33.99%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.24%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads