The Student Room Group

Applying for a job after degree?

Im currently studying computer science and finished my 1st year. Im just wondering when it comes to finishing 3rd year and applying for jobs, since from that point I would need to be paying bills without help from Student loans.

So the question is would I apply for jobs that are unrelated to my degree to start with and possibly look for roles within Computer Science when im under some sort employment? I know its quite early for me to ask this but I couldn't find any satisfying answer on the web.
Original post by DeveloperCSS!
Im currently studying computer science and finished my 1st year. Im just wondering when it comes to finishing 3rd year and applying for jobs, since from that point I would need to be paying bills without help from Student loans.

So the question is would I apply for jobs that are unrelated to my degree to start with and possibly look for roles within Computer Science when im under some sort employment? I know its quite early for me to ask this but I couldn't find any satisfying answer on the web.

There will be graduate schemes that take on students straight after graduating. To get them you'll normally need experience, that could be in the form of work experience or a (paid!) internship in your first/second year. After some internships the company may offer you a job after you graduate! You may not need any experience for those other than your degree, but it's worth looking for opportunities as soon as possible to build up your CV, so that when you apply in early 3rd year you have a strong application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending