title says it all
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lolamme)
title says it all
You can try, but they're very unlikely to accept you. They've already said they don't want you.
Minty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lolamme)
title says it all

Of course. you could have well exceeded your predictions, or you could choose a less competitive course, or a course in a different dept., or just a course that they are struggling to fill.

For example you might not be successful for Pharmacy, but reapply for a course with lower entry requirements (potentially biomed or a pure science). Or you could not get into a business school for international business + a language, but still get in to do a language course (maybe even taking outside options in business).
Or with joint honours - business & economics could be in a business school, but history and economics in a different dept with different entry requirements.

Uni's like applicants who have a preference for them as a uni - it shows you'll turn up and want to stay. I disagree with the other guy who says they dont want you - its not like they've taken a look at your PS and thought you're not right for them - it's almost certainly a grade profile for that course.

That said it does feel like a bit of a long shot. so have other options you're happy with - you dont want to put all your eggs into one basket.
Herts PG Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey there,

As Minty has said. There are always other options to explore!

My colleague Heather replied to you in the applicants thread too. Have a look at the links she provided. They have plenty of information.

Just try to relax and keep an open mind at this stage!

All the best,

David
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    All Subjects Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads