The Student Room Group

Chemistry,Biology and politics at A-level???

I currently have chosen to do Chemisry,Biology and government and politics (but can still change it). I also want to do a Chemistry degree at a top university and don't know if they would accept this. I know it is better to do maths but I am really good at essay subjects and memory so I feel like I would be able to handle politics but am not sure if I would be accepted into places like Cambriage or if they consider politics 'soft'. What do you guys recommend?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sumaya7363
I currently have chosen to do Chemisry,Biology and government and politics (but can still change it). I also want to do a Chemistry degree at a top university and don't know if they would accept this. I know it is better to do maths but I am really good at essay subjects and memory so I feel like I would be able to handle politics but am not sure if I would be accepted into places like Cambriage or if they consider politics 'soft'. What do you guys recommend?

I don't think Govt & Politics is considered as a "soft" option for A Levels but if you look at Oxford https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/chemistry?wssl=1 they want you to do Maths as well as Chemistry for their Chemistry degree. However, if I was you, I would look around for similar Science degrees that you can do. In terms of essay subjects, I would recommend the following: History, Geography, Sociology and Psychology. Hope this helps. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest