The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever had an interview at M&S?

I have an interview on Thursday at M&S and I'm really scared I won't get it. Has anyone ever had an interview there and can give me some advice please?
Original post by tiredgirl123
I have an interview on Thursday at M&S and I'm really scared I won't get it. Has anyone ever had an interview there and can give me some advice please?

I have! Honestly, it was one of my favourite job interviews. For mine, there was a short role play segment where they left me to learn some information and then came back into the room playing a customer while I played staff. We talked a lot about ethos and values, and past experience. Just be yourself, and smile. That's what they like to see. Learn about their values as a company and refer to it. They want people that share the same values
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I have! Honestly, it was one of my favourite job interviews. For mine, there was a short role play segment where they left me to learn some information and then came back into the room playing a customer while I played staff. We talked a lot about ethos and values, and past experience. Just be yourself, and smile. That's what they like to see. Learn about their values as a company and refer to it. They want people that share the same values

Thankyou so much! I'm really worried as I don't have past retail experience but have other experience, I read on here that they aren't looking for past experience necessarily in terms of retail. Do they tell you there and then if you got the job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou so much! I'm really worried as I don't have past retail experience but have other experience, I read on here that they aren't looking for past experience necessarily in terms of retail. Do they tell you there and then if you got the job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's absolutely fine! As long as you can relate any experience, even if it was something in school or in an extra-curricular, then they want to hear about it. Skills can be transferrable and they get that. In the store I interviewed at, no. It could be differ between stores though
That's absolutely fine! As long as you can relate any experience, even if it was something in school or in an extra-curricular, then they want to hear about it. Skills can be transferrable and they get that. In the store I interviewed at, no. It could be differ between stores though

Thankyou! I'm really worried right now because I just checked the website and the job I applied for with that store has completely disappeared. Does that mean someone's already got the job?😳 I read on here that someone got their interview cancelled an hour before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou! I'm really worried right now because I just checked the website and the job I applied for with that store has completely disappeared. Does that mean someone's already got the job?😳 I read on here that someone got their interview cancelled an hour before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll just mean that they're not accepting any more applications. It happens all the time, don't worry about it :smile:
It'll just mean that they're not accepting any more applications. It happens all the time, don't worry about it :smile:

Phew! I got really worried 😳😂 is the role part of the interview hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey which branch is it for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nadim123456
Hey which branch is it for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester :smile: how come you're asking? Have you applied too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Does anyone have access to the M&S World page from home? I need a copy of the "Flexible Working" policy page but I can't find it on the portal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending