The Student Room Group

Course title

I've just submitted my student finance online it couldn't find my course so I entered it manually but now saying my application can not be assessed until I change my course name, but the name of the course I entered is 100% correct I even have it on a letter from the college regarding my interview, confused with what to do next.
Hi Dawngleave,

Its not enough for the course name to be correct. For us to be able to process your application your course has to link up to the Course Management Service (CMS) database. All the Universities and Colleges are responsible for updating their course details onto this database so we can get the information we require from this to assess your application.

They have either not added your course or there is a chance they have listed it differently from the course name. Best thing to do is speak to your college and ask them to confirm if its listed and how it is listed. If they haven't added it they will need to add it.

Once they confirm it has been added you would be able to go onto your online account and input your course again so that it can then link up. You can pick up the course again by going into the option for changing an application then going into change the course details.

Once updated we can process your application normally.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Laura S SFE
Hi Dawngleave,

Its not enough for the course name to be correct. For us to be able to process your application your course has to link up to the Course Management Service (CMS) database. All the Universities and Colleges are responsible for updating their course details onto this database so we can get the information we require from this to assess your application.

They have either not added your course or there is a chance they have listed it differently from the course name. Best thing to do is speak to your college and ask them to confirm if its listed and how it is listed. If they haven't added it they will need to add it.

Once they confirm it has been added you would be able to go onto your online account and input your course again so that it can then link up. You can pick up the course again by going into the option for changing an application then going into change the course details.

Once updated we can process your application normally.

Thanks

Hi thanks for reply, I spoke to the sixth form and they said because it's a new course Staffordshire university haven't added it to the database yet, hence why I had to input it manually, would I still need to do a change of circumstance form when the course is added or would sfe be able to find it as the course will still be the same name I manually inputted so wouldn't be a change of circumstances as such. Thanks
Original post by Dawngleave
Hi thanks for reply, I spoke to the sixth form and they said because it's a new course Staffordshire university haven't added it to the database yet, hence why I had to input it manually, would I still need to do a change of circumstance form when the course is added or would sfe be able to find it as the course will still be the same name I manually inputted so wouldn't be a change of circumstances as such. Thanks

Hi Dawgleave,

When the course is updated we should be able to link it and then assess your application. It may be best to keep in touch with the University and find out when they have updated it and then check your application. If nothing has changed give us a call on 0300 100 0607.
Thanks Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending