Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAS)
    why not send some stuff a couple of weeks before u go and then it should arrive when u do.
    Yeh that's actually a good idea
    But I won't do that now, especially since I don't know how long stuff takes to arrive an I don't trust the postal service here. Will do so when I actually get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    the postal service in england? it's fine. when i was travelling i posted stuff home from places like morrocco and turkey and the parcels tended to take about a fortnight but it would have been longer if i'd sent them by ship. u should really look into it now as there are only about five weeks til term starts and less for u as u will be coming early for the international fresher things

ReputationRep:
    the postal service in england? it's fine. when i was travelling i posted stuff home from places like morrocco and turkey and the parcels tended to take about a fortnight but it would have been longer if i'd sent them by ship. u should really look into it now as there are only about five weeks til term starts and less for u as u will be coming early for the international fresher things
    Oh nono.. England is fine!

It's Brunei I'm worried about. When people send stuff like birthday cards, they open them up to see if there is any money inside. And if anything says "Do not bend", the purposely crease it.

ReputationRep:
    what do u reckon the best way to bring yr stuff is? cardboard boxes, plastic bags, suitcases?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be bringing a mixture, probably suitcase for my clothes, boxes for other stuff, depends how it all fits in the car

ReputationRep:
    the thing i was worried about is that suitcases are dificult to store due to their bulky nature so i might bring it all in cardboard boxes/bags which can be more easily stored or thrown away. at the end of term i can easily accumulate some more cardboard bowex from the supermarket or some plastic bags or something

ReputationRep:
    what do u reckon the best way to bring yr stuff is? cardboard boxes, plastic bags, suitcases?
    I've got an old trunk. It works well to hold all my stuff, and can then go back in the store room during term-time. My suitcase for clothes, fits under the bed.

ReputationRep:
    My roommate in the first year brought a trunk... imagine her delight when she discovered we were living on the top floor of the keep (120-odd stairs). I seem to remember she cajoled some helpful lads into carrying it...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i've got a trunk too but i'm reluctant to bring it as it is very heavy when full and not that easy to manouevre. hmmm i tihnk i will go fo cardboard boxes- not remotely sexy or attractive but light and easily disposed of :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i've got a trunk too but i'm reluctant to bring it as it is very heavy when full and not that easy to manouevre. hmmm i tihnk i will go fo cardboard boxes- not remotely sexy or attractive but light and easily disposed of :rolleyes:
    Yeh that's true. I'll probably bring one box, just for shoes etc. Being in a cold country is so troublesome

But since I'm going back in December, I should remember to pack just enough for one term.

ReputationRep:
    I can beat that!

• Computer
    • Monitor
    • Surround Sound Amplifier
    • Seperate Powered Sub
    • Left Monitor (Speaker)
    • Right Monitor (Speaker, and yes seperately amplified)
    • Mixing Desk
    • N64
    • Electric Guitar Practice Amp
    • TV
    • Electric Digital Piano
    • Phone Charger
    • Lamp
    • Guitar Pod
    • Bass Pod
    • Battery Charger
    • Microphone Pre Amp

(Original post by dave134)
    I could only think of 16 things, and that is really pushing it. Not many students have mixing desks for their HiFi systems (although its not unheard of)
    That is what i have hooked up to the power supply in my room... no wonder the electricity bill is huge! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    glad u don't hav the hairdryer that dave has on his list

ReputationRep:
    I've now bought a WinTV USB thingy-me-jig, which will save me space. It's not perfect, but it suits my needs. I'm gonna leave my TV at home for my first year to save some space up in Durham. Didn't bother with the FM radio add on, as I want to take my Hi-Fi up anyway for better sound whilst watching DVDs off my laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clint553)

Anyone else? I feel as if I'm bringing too little.... :confused:
    well i'll be bringing much more than that.. but im a girly girl.. with many many many clothes! xPx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    I can beat that!

• Computer
    • Monitor
    • Surround Sound Amplifier
    • Seperate Powered Sub
    • Left Monitor (Speaker)
    • Right Monitor (Speaker, and yes seperately amplified)
    • Mixing Desk
    • N64
    • Electric Guitar Practice Amp
    • TV
    • Electric Digital Piano
    • Phone Charger
    • Lamp
    • Guitar Pod
    • Bass Pod
    • Battery Charger
    • Microphone Pre Amp

That is what i have hooked up to the power supply in my room... no wonder the electricity bill is huge! :rolleyes:
    good luck to ur next door neighbour.. u will not be popular! which college r u in again?

ReputationRep:
    That would be Castle he is going to.

You could be neighbours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.berlin)
    That would be Castle he is going to.

You could be neighbours!
    NOOOOOOooooooooooo! he he.. i wasnt sure what to put down on my room sharing form. but i think i put i was average noise level, although my mum is sure i would class as noisy among true interlectuals!! xPx

ps think im takng my stuff in a trunk!

ReputationRep:
    not sure about my trunk or whether to go for stylish plastic bags-hohum

ReputationRep:
    I have stylish (*cough*) yellow cardboard parcel boxes, available from your local branch of Deutsche Post.

Click here to see the nearest Deutsche Post branch to you Alice.

ReputationRep:
    is it just me who sees the flaw in that plan....i don't really want to go all the way to germany just to get some boxes

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.