I've just graduated with a First Class Honours Degree from a top uni - AMA Watch

UniGrad1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I now have a First Class Honours Degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have on uni life or studying.
LeslieNOPE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UniGrad1)
I now have a First Class Honours Degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have on uni life or studying.
Which uni?
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oxford? Their PPE results get released around now from what I recall
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What ECs and work/general experience do you have to bulk up your CV and give it substance? Or is it just an empty sheet saying "I graduated with a first"?
A* levels
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I am currently in year 12 and going to be in year 13 this year. I am currently doing A level Maths, Russian Language, Business Studies (linear, no coursework.) Next year I want to drop A level Business Studies and do BTEC Level 3 (majority coursework with a few written exams.) I want to finish the whole 2 year BTEC course in 1 year so that I will not need to re-take any years. I want to get into Russell Group Unis too. If i took the BTEC and got a D*AA would you say I would be in a big disadvantage from people that got AAA? I want to go to Cass Business School as they do the course I want to do (nowhere else offers it.) The reason I want to drop A level Business is because my teacher are not providing me the right resources literally they can't even speak English properly I don't know what my school is doing. I want to change schools to do the BTEC and that school will be 15 minute walk from my house whereas the one I am currently going to is an hour away with bus from my house. Please, I need your advice. Thanks for your time!
Welshstig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well done matey!
Gem Thief
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A* levels)
Hey, I am currently in year 12 and going to be in year 13 this year. I am currently doing A level Maths, Russian Language, Business Studies (linear, no coursework.) Next year I want to drop A level Business Studies and do BTEC Level 3 (majority coursework with a few written exams.) I want to finish the whole 2 year BTEC course in 1 year so that I will not need to re-take any years. I want to get into Russell Group Unis too. If i took the BTEC and got a D*AA would you say I would be in a big disadvantage from people that got AAA? I want to go to Cass Business School as they do the course I want to do (nowhere else offers it.) The reason I want to drop A level Business is because my teacher are not providing me the right resources literally they can't even speak English properly I don't know what my school is doing. I want to change schools to do the BTEC and that school will be 15 minute walk from my house whereas the one I am currently going to is an hour away with bus from my house. Please, I need your advice. Thanks for your time!
If it's a competitive course the BTEC is a disadvantage.
A* levels
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gem Thief)
If it's a competitive course the BTEC is a disadvantage.
Even on their website they accept BTECs would you not say D* in BTEC is better than a B in A level?
Gem Thief
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A* levels)
Even on their website they accept BTECs would you not say D* in BTEC is better than a B in A level?
No, a D grade in any science/further maths is worth more than a d* in 95% of BTEC's in my opinion.
A* levels
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, a D grade in any science/further maths is worth more than a d* in 95% of BTEC's in my opinion.
Is your opinion backed by any evidence?
kiera2904
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did you do it? How did you study to get it?
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is bad advice.

If they say they accept it, then they do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.5%
Excited (156)
9.11%
Worried (306)
17.87%
Terrified (380)
22.2%
Meh (169)
9.87%
Confused (37)
2.16%