john agard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Two sources of radiation look identical. one source emits only alpha radiation the other only beta radiation. describe one way to find out which source emits the alpha radiation.you can assume a radiation detector and a counter are available. you may wish to draw a diagram to help you with your answer.
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by john agard)
Two sources of radiation look identical. one source emits only alpha radiation the other only beta radiation. describe one way to find out which source emits the alpha radiation.you can assume a radiation detector and a counter are available. you may wish to draw a diagram to help you with your answer.
Place the counter next to each source. Move the counter further away. What would you expect to happen for alpha radiation, and what would you expect to happen for beta radiation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
john agard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by kyx)
place the counter next to each source. Move the counter further away. What would you expect to happen for alpha radiation, and what would you expect to happen for beta radiation?

posted from tsr mobile

sorry i dont get what you mean. Can you explain abit more
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by john agard)
sorry i dont get what you mean. Can you explain abit more
Alpha radiation is heavier and slower, so is more easily blocked. It will get blocked by just a few cm of air...

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1842595
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your question has already been answered in the other thread you made which is a duplicate of this thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (115)
27.38%
England (147)
35%
Belgium (32)
7.62%
Germany (42)
10%
Spain (10)
2.38%