The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What A Levels shall I take to study Politics at LSE

I wanted to study politics at LSE and I've just finished my GCSE and now I'm thinking about A levels.
What I'm thinking to choose is
-Government and Politics
-History
-Psychology

However I'm also considering taking Biology or Economics because some of these choices are seen as too soft and LSE is a top university and I don't want to be disadvantaged at all in any way.

If someone is studying politics can you share the ALevels you took or if you are planning on studying it.
I wouldn't take psychology from your options.

I would take Politics, Economics, History and __

Maths?
English?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Your Master
I wouldn't take psychology from your options.

I would take Politics, Economics, History and __

Maths?
English?

Oh kk but why not psychology. I think I can really do well in that subject (get A or A*) but with economics I'm really unsure.
Original post by Jayden_Marks
Oh kk but why not psychology. I think I can really do well in that subject (get A or A*) but with economics I'm really unsure.

LSE don't do a course called "Politics", I think you're talking about their Bsc in Government.

I have a friend who got an offer for that course, he did Maths, English Literature and Government and Politics

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Reply 4
Original post by Jayden_Marks
I wanted to study politics at LSE and I've just finished my GCSE and now I'm thinking about A levels.
What I'm thinking to choose is
-Government and Politics
-History
-Psychology

However I'm also considering taking Biology or Economics because some of these choices are seen as too soft and LSE is a top university and I don't want to be disadvantaged at all in any way.

If someone is studying politics can you share the ALevels you took or if you are planning on studying it.

English instead of Psychology. English would massively help with your essay writing skills which are important for a Politics/Government degree.

Quick Reply

Latest