Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by squirrology)
I find a basic style fairly attractive on guys:

Probably like this:

OR

Ew gross. They look like Essex chavs

I like guys to dress preppy: blazers, Oxfords, brogues, chinos, shirts and jumpers etc.
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LadyLoony)

I like guys to dress preppy: blazers, Oxfords, brogues, chinos, shirts and jumpers etc.
Essex chavs? You've clearly never been to Essex or know what a Chav is and the guy in the Picture is a French model - it's all down to personal preference anyway.

Those are just a few examples, obviously, I would like a guy to wear suits and what not, in fact, I would prefer if a guy was able to do both Casual and Smart.

At the end of the day a guy can wear whatever tf he wants, why should we have to dictate what a guy should and shouldn't wear.
padfootpotter
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Casual. Jeans, t shirt, hoodie, sneakers. But if I liked someone I wouldn't care what they dressed like.
yhyh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shai01)
I LOVE guys in suits, very classic and never too overdressed in my opinion.
Makes no sense lol wear a suit but NOT too overdressed. Sorry but I don't think many young guys are gonna start wearing a suit on a daily basis.
And what do u mean by suit and not too overdressed? Like wearing a tie on top of a bow tie? 😁
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At least we can agree on something :lol:
Well they make up like half the trousers I wear to sixth form...(I have 4 pairs of trousers...)
Citizen Smith.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by seanf999)
Do you like guys to dress like Justin Bieber for example?
Ryan Gosling?

What type of style do you find attractive?
I'm sure someone will say 'their own style' but that's not true, if he only wanted to wear duct tape or something stupid. No matter how they dress it will be their own style because of how their body is and the clothes they buy.

So, what style do you like?
I wear wide collar shirts, tan leather jacket flares and platform boots
Pirko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This thread is terrible.

Ripped jeans are okay, but not as overdone as some of the pictures posted in this thread. That looks incredibly tacky. How a guy should dress depends on a lot of things -- their physique, skin complexion, the weather, what they're dressing up for, etc...

General word of advice to other guys would be to wear clothes that actually fit you. It's too often I see guys that will wear clothes too big for them making them look more smaller than they actually are and guys that are wearing clothes too tight that actually makes them look fatter than they actually are.
Judge Jules
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At least we can agree on something :lol:

Well, I've just turned 18, and maybe it's just because of my age that I like the look on guys and it's obviously the current "trend", I don't necessarily like overly ripped jeans on guys to the point where they look like they've been attacked by a pack of wolves, however, jeans with just the right amount of rips are fine. Again it's just personal preference and we can just agree to disagree on this (I would prefer if a guy was able to do both, Casual and Smart, those were just examples, but that doesn't necessarily describe my overview on how guys should dress). I guess the whole point of wearing holes in jeans is to look "edgy" and the fact that it is the current trend worn by most celebrities.

Speaking in general, I honestly do not understand how this specifically, is the "trend" for ripped jeans for some girls (I could never EVER wear this publically), I don't understand how people can leave the house comfortably whilst wearing this, not posting the image but the link is there:
http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/4wm...pped+jeans.jpg

That picture was really funny of the rips where the bum is. I wish I could get away with wearing it but I wouldn't have the balls to wear it myself
It would look really weird if men started wearing it, I think girls can get away with it not men
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LadyLoony)

I go to the football with a fair few "Essex chavs" and they dress ten times better than the above.
xfootiecrazeesarax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All I'm saying is...

...the women go crazy for a sharp-dressed man.:cool:
EvvaBraun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One name: Shia LaBeouf.

Seanf999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by EvvaBraun)
One name: Shia LaBeouf.

Most people on Reddit Streetwear agree that Shia dresses well,
same goes for most streetwear websites
lovemustsuffer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i like atheliticism clothes...i find them very sexy..also when boys match the colors with their skin/hair color ...i don't like to see red with green or yellow with blue...you know these weird matches....except if it looks nice on him..also i like when people put their good clothes for special occasions..and its nice to take care of yourself..your hair and your beard/mustache
username3590460
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To wear a bin bag because that’s what they are.. trash.
lovemustsuffer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i like athleticism clothes..and when you put suit with converse shoes and no tie..also when they match the colors with their skin/hair color...i don't like to see weird matches like yellow with blue or red with green etc
username3872488
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’d say dress neatly. I usually prefer when guys don’t wear ripped jeans or something ragged. I like when they wear regular jeans and like a nice shirt like a cool shirt or a sweater in a nice color. Shoes, it really depends, anything from Vans to Converse to something simple. I guess just dress neatly and be yourself!
MollyCu
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Idk why but I just really don't like the look of ripped jeans on guys
Aminah T
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username3872488)
I’d say dress neatly. I usually prefer when guys don’t wear ripped jeans or something ragged. I like when they wear regular jeans and like a nice shirt like a cool shirt or a sweater in a nice color. Shoes, it really depends, anything from Vans to Converse to something simple. I guess just dress neatly and be yourself!
Me too. I Prefer it when guys dress neatly

Tbh I don't really like it when guys wear ripped jeans.
f.j_02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg turtle necks.
RVNmax
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by freya_j.02)
Omg turtle necks.
Yay or nay? Can you post any example pics?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise